Well, difficult child didn't go to school

StressedM0mma

She is home again today. She says all she wants to do is sleep. That she needs to sleep. She is sitting here crying telling me no one believes her that she needs to sleep and can't. I want to believe her, but she was up until at least 1 this morning trying to do homework. I can't seem to get through to her. I am calling the psychiatrist as soon as they open to see if we can get an emergency appointment. Or if I need to take her to the ER. It is bad. I do not know if she is manipulating, or if she is serious about the sleep. I really thought that she would go today. I am terrified at this point. I feel like I am not going to be able to save her. I am not sure what to do, or where to look. I feel like I am doing everything, and getting no where. It is like we are worse off than when we started.

buddy

depends on the ER of course but they may have social workers who can help you find more choices. I hope it goes ok. Thinking of you...

StressedM0mma

Well, we got an emergency appointment in 30 minutes with the psychiatrist. HOPEFULLY she will see how sick difficult child is and actually do something. I really think she may need to be admitted and get her medication problems addressed. We cannot do it at home. And get that sleep study. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I am hoping we can FINALLY start to get help. husband said he thinks we need to talk to an attorney to find out what our rights are and how to go about getting the right help.

buddy

dont ask, tell.... just a thought... they often do wait till the parent says i am DONE and use words like it is not SAFE to have her at home now.