Well, first cell phone flub.

susiestar

Roll With It
tracfone has a model or two that don't do internet. including the $10 version we have. If a phone has internet capability, then for the most part if you hit the right (wrong) button - even tush dialing - it WILL go online. Not having an internet plan does NOT mean that you can't get online with the phone. It means they charge you exorbitantly.

As I said before, at least take a look at kajeet phones. They have the most parental controls that I have ever seen.

Why not have her turn the phone over to you every night? A lot simpler than going online to shut it down. Or take her battery each night. If she cannot find the phone, well, she is out of luck because you can either not find it and not use it or find it and turn it over.

I doubt the major carriers have more than 1-2 phones that the internet can be turned off on completely. At least for years they did not. That is a huge revenue stream for them.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I can ask her to give it to me at night, but only when she's here. Her mom gave the ok to have it there, as well, and, well, she's 14 and its time to start building some trust. Maybe.

All data is now blocked to the phone, period. I don't think she can get it to connect, anyway, but the carrier put a specific block on it, as well. And for now, she can only text husband or I after hours. She can text others all night long, but they won't go thru now. husband talked to her. If she won't stop trying, she'll just lose the phone.