Well...he did it again...Jamie got Married!!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DammitJanet, Dec 27, 2007.

1. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Jamie just called me to tell me they eloped to the courthouse today!

We were there when they got engaged but thought they were going to wait and have a regular wedding but they decided to go ahead and tie the knot now so they could take advantage of the tax deductions for this year. How romantic...lol.

Oddly enough I was thinking of how I couldnt help but thinking of the boys as my little boys all their lives even though they are now grown and that no matter what...they will always be my sons.

Here is a song that I have always loved and wanted to dance to on his wedding day...maybe he will have a reception at sometime and I can.

"A Song For My Son on His Wedding Day"

I don't know where the time has gone
    Since those little boy days -- doesn't seem that long,
    Yet here you are -- it's your wedding day
    And there's one thing, Darling, I'd like to say...

Be kind, be sweet, be a gentle man
    Care and share and always be fair,
    And remember though you now have taken a wife
    You will always be my son -- my loving son.

You filled my life with so much joy
    As I watched you grow from that little boy,
    Now I'll try not to cry as you walk away
    And just once more, Darling, I'd like to say...

Be kind, be sweet, be a gentle man
    Care and share and always be fair,
    And remember though you now have taken a wife
    You will always be my son -- my loving son.

Here is a picture of Jamie and Cory of what I will always picture them as...no matter how old they get...they will always be my little boys.

Jamie and Cory
  2. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Oh I cried....Janet - YOU HAVE to give them a reception!

Blubber, sniff - OH HAPPY DAY!

Um Janet - there was no picture dear, just something about myspace and sheep feeding frenzy. Although.....

Can't wait for the picture
  3. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Sorry to say, I couldn't get to the pictures -- just took me to MySpace home.

Well, at least he had a good reason to elope. I'm sorry you couldn't dance at his wedding but maybe he can home to a small reception and you'll get your dance?
  4. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Congratulations, Jamie! :smile:

I couldn't see the picture either. I don't have a MySpace account.
  5. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Wow!! husband and I did the same. We just did the court house thing. We've talked about having a renewal, but I haven't said yes yet. :rofl:

6. DammitJanet

Ok...let me see if I can fix the picture thingy.
  7. saving grace

saving grace New Member

I saw the picture, awww how cute, its funny because I know exactly what your saying... I always picture my boy as a 10 year old. Where has the time gone.

Congratulations on your new daughter in law!!

8. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

Congrats to the new couple.

9. DammitJanet

Jamie cannot stand it when I get all sentimental on him. I pulled out this pictures when we were up there before Christmas and showed them off to his wife's (that sounds funny..lol) side of the family and they couldnt believe that he ever had that long hair! They have only ever known him as a Marine or a cop. Short, short hair...so to see him with these long locks was a real kick for them. It also let them see pretty much what Hailie is going to look like since she is the spitting image of her Daddy.
  10. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Congrats to Jamie and his new bride! The song brought tears to my eyes! Great picture!
  11. klmno

klmno Active Member

Janet, I love the picture! Congrats to the new family and I'm glad this has made you happy. I agree, they need a reception or one of those second marriage cerimonies(sp) or something! And post those photos on here too!!!
  12. DammitJanet

Does Cory look like he could be so much trouble? LOL.
  13. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Congrats to Jamie and Mrs. Jamie. May they have a long and happy life together.

Great picture, I am not sure I will ever "see" my kids as adults either!

14. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

They look like two little angels who could get themselves in a whole peck o' trouble. It is hard to imagine our kids growing up, isn't it?
  15. Estherfromjerusalem

Estherfromjerusalem Well-Known Member

Well, congratulations. I hope they have a wonderful life together, and that you get a lot of joy from their family.

Love, Esther
  16. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

husband & I married before 12/31 for IRS purposes too. The world is full of romantics! DDD

Congrats on the family addition, Janet.
  17. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Aw, Janet!!

Congratulations on your new daughter in law. What a darling picture! Your post made me cry. Stop that, ok?
  18. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

:bravo: Congratulations to the happy couple! :bravo:

19. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

Congratulations to the new couple. Just have a small reception and have that dance with your son.
  20. Kjs

Kjs Guest

awwww. What a cute picture. Back in the day. Congratulations.