Well here is the update...

DDD

Hey, Girl! How nice to see you and get an update. Let the rest of the family I have been wondering and hoping that things were getting better.
Yep, I understand that difficult child is still "out there" but you have evidently taken a supplemental correspondence course in Detachment. Good Girl!

Now, make sure you don't get TOO absorbed by the store. been there done that!

Hugs. DDD

TYLERFAN

Hi Robbie:

It's funny we both did kind of the same thing for awhile and we are both here at the same time again...I am glad to see you and that things are ok and that you are coping so well. your right that not posting helps you detach even further. It so does! The last thing I wanted to do is talk about this anywhere. Now, I'm ready.

I hope you check in often I missed you!

Blessings,
Melissa:angel2:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Coookie, It is good to hear from you..... sorry for your difficult child trouble, but those are his choices, not yours........ Glad you are concentrating on what you can control....

busywend

Hey Rob! Good to hear from you. So sorry difficult child is being well...a difficult child still.

Congrats on your promotion!! Wahoo!!!

19 years is a long time to be married to someone! Congrats on that, too!!

Estherfromjerusalem

Very dear Coookie,

How lovely to see you again.

Your update was both uplifting and downcasting. Uplifting -- because of your having done so well in your job, and getting the recognition you deserve. And downcasting -- because of your difficult child's stupid behavior. Mind you, I agree with what someone else has said, that his boss was ridiculous to show him what she was doing, and he would have had to use a lot of moral strength to withstand that temptation. Truly, I wish him well. You and your husband have done all you can and you have given him the best possible example too.

I'm sending you an especially big hug.

Love, Esther

lovemysons

Hey sweet Robby...Well, you sound so good all in all. I too am glad you got your promotion and that your GM values your work. Gosh I remember the feelings that my sons were a reflection of me and my values to the world and just how awful that felt. So glad you know it's not true.
And...Wow, you really have come a long way in recognizing what is yours and what is difficult child's. His choices...his consequences. Of course we long for more for them...we love them but we can't do it for them. It is the reallity of their ages at this point. The load is entirely theirs to deal with now.

Congrats on your anniversary too. I've been married 22 yrs now so I totally understand what it is like to grow change evolve together...and apart at times. It's great that at the end of the day you too are still hand in hand.

It is wonderful to "see" you again.
You take care, love and hugs...
Tammy