Well I hope I am not tempting fate here...

DammitJanet

I just had a steroid drip done at a doctor in a box and got a script for steroids along with cipro and ear drops. I have a very bad ear infection going right now and I knew this place is big on steroids so I went there because my normal doctor closes extremely early on Fridays and I couldnt get there in time to see them.

I had a steroid shot in my hip about two weeks ago and that helped my joint pain quite a bit for a short period of time so that really shows me that inflammation is a huge problem for me. My problem is steroids have caused me major issues with the bipolar. I am having to balance if I want to feel better physically or mentally right now. I am praying I have enough psychiatric medications to catch me if I tip too far over into mania. I do have some extra's of most of them from when we upped doses and they were different strengths. If that makes any sense....lol.

This just bites because I cant even possibly get into a rheumy till after the first of the year. Everyone within driving distance is booked solid that far out. Im having to play it by ear and my GP isnt real comfortable with that...sigh.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Janet, I would call the rheumy office(s) and ask to be put on their wait list for cancellations, if you haven't done that already. You never know when someone might get sick and have to cancel... flu season is coming!

Jena

Hi,

Ok thing about the medication's in different dosage totally makes sense. :)

I used to cut up difficult child's pills in different dosages at times just to add up to where we were going to (theraputic level).....blah, blah, blah

Anyway good luck and be careful.

:)