Well, Janet???????

donna723

Janet, are you sure that he ever really did cook in those nice restaurants? Or some place nicer than part time at the Burger King anyway? And how does one go from cooking in a fancy restaurant to working part time at the Burger King? That must be quite a story! And I'm still trying to imagine what on earth he could have put in to pancake batter to make them "grainy". Sounds really gross!

Kathy813

Staff member
Janet, please be very careful if it turns out to be MRSA. A girl who played on easy child's travel softball team picked it up in a hotel room during a tournament (at least that was their best guess) and it spread throughout the family. They had a very hard time getting rid of it.

Be sure to take your medicine and watch it carefully.

~Kathy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, do be uber careful with the MRSA, if your cultures come back positive and follow doctor orders to the letter. Even then, it may be tough to get rid of. Bff had it ongoing for 3 yrs, no joke, and it killed off so much tissue across her abdomen it horrified both docs and nurses. That is because HER doctor was telling her everything was honky dory, while hospital doctor was trying to convince her it really was MRSA and she had to follow his orders to the letter or risk her life. Her doctor was the plastic surgeon who botched up her tummy tuck in an enormous way and preferred giving her pain medications to shut her up rather than admit there was a serious issue going on. ugh

M swears to all that in HIS opinion is holy, that he was trained by a gourmet chef who headed the kitchen in a 5 star restaurant. Trust me, the man can't cook worth a hoot. My girls could do better at age 6. omg 99.9 percent of what he does cook comes pre-made, and he manages to burn it or mess it up every time. blah Not to mention trashing the entire kitchen the whole time he's "cooking". While he's probably doing the best he can (while katie can't boil water), I'm not surprised the kids are so thin and couldn't get enough of my "real" cooking. Man was he ticked to here them say that. lol

Sounds like this was a plan from the get go. Like what katie and M tried to pull on me. If you can't get him back home, then you'd better fine him somewhere else to live asap before you find yourself with a permanent house guest to support. Homeless shelter comes to mind. They can line him up with any other services he needs as well because being a resident there accelerates the process.

Steely

Janet - from your description - it really does sound as if he tried to "slip a mickey" of some sort into your pancake batter. Are you sure he didn't get something from somewhere? This guy kind of gives me the willies. Like you said - anyone can make pancakes - so unless he is delusional, there is something else going on.

I am worried about you and the infection - and this guy.....have you told him what you have? Could you make him see how serious it is, and how easily he could catch it - and given he has no transportation and no health insurance he could die unless he gets the hell out of your house!!! Where is his girlfriend in all of this? Could you tell him that she could catch it too? I mean - truthfully he has the right and needs to know for his health and safety - and there is nothing stopping you from making the reality a bit darker than light.

DammitJanet

Her family paid for a bus ticket to get her back to SC. So she is gone. Long gone. Now his pre-paid cell phone is off because he hasnt paid for it so he doesnt hear from her or anyone up there. He is using Tony's, which come to think of it, is using up our minutes! Tony will go ape if we go over our minutes this month and blame Cory for it when I will bet bottom dollar it is his phone doing it. I can prove that too.

Im so ticked right now. I am now hiding from everyone as much as I can. I left home at 4 to go put some scripts in at the pharmacy and then went to Walmart to buy some stuff for dinner. I snuck home to see if Tony was home yet and he wasnt so I left again and waited to come home after he did. My hips and back are killing me again. I can tell its getting almost time to go back to the ortho. I unloaded the groceries and put them away. Fixed the very easy supper which was only a pre-cooked chicken from the deli and mashed potatoes and canned peas. I asked Tony to bring me my plate because I simply couldnt stand up any longer. He did but he has known me a very long time and he knows I hate pepper. Hate it. I never ever use it. Whats all over my food? Pepper. And not just a light dusting..but its covered. He tells me to just mix it in and I wont notice. Argh. I probably wont even be able to get this **** down and its the only thing I have eaten since the bite of the awful pancake this morning. I swear they are trying to kill me.

Steely

OMG..........
WOW!
If he is influencing Tony to this degree - then you have to map out how to leave for a bit - or make them leave.
Have you considered what I mentioned about making Tony pay rent, so you can leave to have your own place, or a motel until he leaves?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
WTH is up with this?

Next time your out get the ingredients for special brownies....choc chip cookies.......(brownies are easier), make up a batch, then head off to Cory's to hang out. Say nuthin to nobody. If they eat said brownies / cookies........well, ya know doctor did say to put it in a dessert to help get it down. He didn't exactly say HOW to do that. Ok, I'm being snarky. But dammit this is starting to majorly peeve me off.

You need to take Tony out to dinner and have a long long talk. Seriously. This dude is messin with your man's brain cells and that is above and beyond. And because you're hiding out, it's giving him MORE opportunity to fill Tony's head with manipulative garbage.

If it were me, I'd not be cooking, cleaning doing squat. Period. Nada. Nuthin. Except for myself. Nor would I leave Tony alone with this PITA manipulative bro of his for 2 seconds. You don't have to talk, you don't have to pay attention to them if you don't want. But I wouldn't be leaving them alone together either.

Janet, hon, can you call up your dear friend the psychiatrist you've had for years. This woman could probably give you some very good advice based on the fact that she knows you exceptionally well, and heck probably Tony too from you talking to him so much.

There is something very weird (as I've said before) going on, and bro is at the bottom of it. Maybe you need to call val back and find out exactly why the whole family is fed up with bro.

(((hugs)))

PS with the brownies I am not implying anything illegal lol

What the heck is going on with this creep? Does he have a real plan? Or does it change every day with no end in sight? He reminds me of Hound Dog's M. You aren't a well woman, this is Tony's fault, he's the one who is allowing this to continue. Has he no compassion, this is your home, you need to be comfortable and loved. What would happen if you said, "Get out."? Why doesn't he want a bus ticket to go back with his girlfriend and medicine and job? What 60-year-old doesn't have money for a bus ticket? How does he eat? Mooch off of you? And the comments about your medicine working.....he's rude and socially unacceptable.
You do whatever you have to to take care of you, to have peace in your life.

DammitJanet

Everyday now its "he is supposed to leave today now" but the car repair people cant figure out what is wrong with the car. At this point I know its going to be very expensive even though these people are very good and are known for keeping prices low, especially for someone known through Tony's boss. I just cant see how the bill cant be fairly high if they have gone through every part of the engine and it still isnt running. Supposedly he has talked to Burger King and they will take him back because his job is cleaning up at night. You know, cleaning the grills and mopping the floors, and taking out the grease. Really nasty chores that no one else wants to do. This is what he calls working in a fine dining place...ugh. I brought home some baklava last night from Walmart and Tony was raving about it and asked Buck if he had ever had it. Of course the answer was no. Tony said he was surprised because it is served in nice restaurants and hadnt Buck worked in some nice places? Buck said well Burger King is a very nice place because they sell burgers made out of chuck beef. I uttered...Burger King isnt fine dining, its fast food that is greasy, calorie laden stuff that comes in preformed frozen food. I know this because Cory worked there too.

I am going to put my foot down by Monday and say he has to go. He should have his other check and he hasnt spent this last one on anything...certainly not food or repairing this car. I think he has paid for a pack or two of cigarettes now, or maybe not because he had Billy pick him up a pack the night before last. And boy to his cigarettes stink! I realize all do but he smokes regulars and I smoke menthol so I can smell his and then give me headaches.

Tony says he did this same thing to his sister's husband too...the following him around like a puppy and asking questions constantly about his health and if his medicine was working. It drove the man crazy. Thats one of the reasons they put him out. People cant take that sort of thing.

What is funny is that he made some sort of chicken dish a couple of days ago when Tony and I were out quite late in the evening and wouldnt be home in time to start dinner and Billy had to leave for work at 4. Billy found frozen chicken in the freezer and took it out and told Buck to thaw it in hot water and then do something with it for dinner. So Buck called me on my phone to tell me. He asked me if Tony was there and jokingly I said, oh I lost him somewhere, and he said oh well if you find him or he makes it back here before you do, I got some chicken and I will make some chicken. (face plant) I dont know what it tasted like because I went to fill my scripts and got mcdonalds hamburgers...lol. I found a piece of that chicken in the yard and Buddy my dog was still chewing on it for a whole day. That must have been one tuff piece of chicken!

DammitJanet

Now he has broken the hinge on my freezer! By the time he is gone we will have at least a thousand dollars in damages to repair or replace.

I have no idea how much it is going to cost to fix the duct work he broke when he stepped in the hole in front of where the old heater used to be. It had water damage and was weak. We had been keeping a piece of plywood over it but sometimes it got moved around. Thing is, who goes in someone's laundry room without asking if they can just to decide to do a load of laundry? If he had asked, we would have told him to be careful of the hole and he could have been on the look out for it. None of us falls in it because we know to watch out. Instead he goes all the way down and crushed the metal T joint. Right now I have heat going out under my house and barely warm air coming in my house. My room gets nothing but cold air. I have blocked my vents. Its probably going to cost at least several hundred dollars at the minimum. My freezer cost $300 new and I have no clue if you can have new hinges on it.

H

HaoZi

You can get new hinges, if a hardware or appliance store doesn't have them you can order them from whoever made the freezer. Just make sure before you order that the holes aren't stripped.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Just order the hinges, Janet. I'm sure that will be much cheaper.

I hope Tony is wising up some. (hopefully with the comment about why he was put out by other family members? )

I'm guessing once the bills are tallied up from having him with you......Tony will blow a gasket and he won't be welcome back. It's just getting to that point. ugh