Well now I get to worry more

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
One of the reasons I had not been on as much is easy child has been having the problems in track as I had mentioned. Well things were getting worse and she was having some problems in some other environments. So a dr appointment we made.

We went this morning. The dr got upset with me for not having taken her to the er right away when the stuff was goint on.

The routes I was thinking is not what we are now testing for. I figured it would either be an asthma thing or anxiety. I was prepared on how to handle either. So of course that is not what comes up. He is concerned about her heart.

So he had an EKG done and a chest xray. Next we will take her to have a heart echo and then to the pediatrician. cardiologist. He is concerned it could be cardiomypathy.

It took everything in mean not to look like I was panicking in front of easy child in his office. Don't need her to worry more about it. Yet. I don't know how well I will contain myself next week but alas it is my goal not to make her more scared if it is just something else.

Please let it just be something else (not bad). I hate the waiting thing so much. We do it with so many things. I am so not happy about this. Wish we could get all the tests done with right away.

You know everytime it looks good (or at least not bad) whamo. You would think I would get used to it. But I never do.

Thanks for listening.

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Beth

(((hugs)))

Don't beat yourself up because it wasn't what you thought it might be. When it comes to someone so young we just don't associate "heart" with what could be wrong. I'll be keeping body parts crossed that it hasn't anything to do with her heart.

I hate the wait too. It can often be the hardest part.

witzend

I had an idea that easy child might be the reason that you were absent. I hope that things will go smoothly. Sounds as though it is time to have another word with the overbearing coach...

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
She is taking a break from track for the rest of the year. If we had not already made that decision the dr said nothing of that sort until we get some answers anyway.
Thank you for your thoughts. I really miss the days of the hardest part of parenting was a few no no's and the like.
Beth

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'll pray it's NOT a heart problem... take slow, deep breaths! Very familiar with the anxiety of waiting to find out... it's sheer torture! Hang in there.

susiestar

Roll With It
Beth,

Saying prayers and sending good wishes. I know how terrifying this is - we had a bad ekg with Jess and spent 2 months trying to find out what was wrong.

I am so very sorry. But there is a LOT they can do to help.

Hugs,

Susie