Well, she's here.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
She had a shoot after school. I had planned to go but couldn't get out of work in time. She called me at 515...back from the shoot and mom is with hubby and his kids til 9, nott home and won't come get her, can I come get her. I deferred to husband. He was not at a place that he could go so called an asked me to pick her up. So here she is.

L

Liahona

Sorry if I'm not up with your situation, but who is she? Is this good or bad that she is here?

InsaneCdn

L - this is husband's child, who spends most of the time with BioMom and her crew there... its a whole whackin' whirlwind of stuff. You'd have to look at posts from about the last 6 months to even begin to have a clue.

S - So, she's here. Treat her like you would if she was actually living with you.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Insane, we are. We are digging out the pond to put on the horse's grave and she's helping.
I think she's planning to go
Back to moms tonight...not real sure what happens next...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh...we're treating her like she was always here except she's not doing homework first...it's locked at moms and she can't get it.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Just took her back to her moms. Just for
Giggles, I waited til her mom came home. They just got there. But I almost bet her mom throws a fit that she spent the evening here...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
There were many times when she was dating this guy that she's married to now that it would come time to take her back to mom's and mom wouldn't be home, but if we didn't take her to wherever mom told us to, she tore me a new one. In her mom's thinking, at that time, husband's time with cgfg was over, and she was to no longer be with him, even if mom wasn't around...
I hate suspense, too. Might have to wait til tomorrow, though.

KTMom91

Husband 1.0's wife before me was like this, too. It was fine if the kids didn't want to go see Dad, but heaven forbid that he had the kids a nanosecond longer than he was supposed to. That kind of attitude just makes life so much harder than it needs to be for everyone...especially the kids. Hugs.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Sounds oh so familiar... And not only not one second longer, but activities were deliberately scheduled during husband's time where he was "not allowed to interfere". Taking kids to psychiatrist meant they missed practice... She threw a FIT. NOT taking kids to psychiatrist meant we didn't care. Catch-22.

Shari... Isn't she old enough to have a key to Mom's???

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
She has a key to moms but I don't think she carries it all the time. And grandma has a key to moms. She thought one of them would be picking her up. Highly likely mom didn't even talk to grandma and arrange anything...grandma is just expected to always be there. They also have a keypad on the garage door that she used, but it's been broken for a year or better. And at one time there was a key stashed outside, but that is no more. Which doesn't surprise me because these people are paranoid. Who lives in the middle of 40 acres and won't let their 14 year old outside unattended for fear that she'll be stolen???

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I guess I should clarify - I think she's old enough to have a key. But I also think she's old enough to play outside unattended....mom's family does not agree.

The other thing with the key, is that if she has a key, mom isn't in control...WE might go in the house with her. Or we might see where a spare key is hidden outside, or catch the code on the keypad, or.... And you know how badly we, and everyone else in the community, want their stuff... (not)

I suspect the key that she even has on occassion is doled out as needed by mom.

Selling her stuff with FFA this past weekend was very interesting...she was absolutely shocked by the number of people who leave cars or 4wheelers out, or garage doors open or slightly open. Was interesting listening to her.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I suspect the key that she even has on occassion is doled out as needed by mom.

We did this for a while with Jett. However... It's hanging on a hook by the door - not exactly hard to get to.

Our reasoning? Bio had given a key to O - but she was NEVER allowed to bring it to our house, because she KNEW we would make a copy. (Same thing, EWW.) And then she took O's key to our house. (O had a key to the deck door... And shortly after that, we changed the lock... The people who lived there before us had different locks on almost every door. Apparently they'd never heard of re-keying...)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ok, she's here on Wed's and she has to go to her mom's and switch school bags...which, of course, we have to transport for. So I took her. This is the one time she normally DOES have a key...no key. Mom wasn't home, had to go to grandma's, who is WORKING IN THE YARD with her keys on a chain on her pants (reminder - these people live in the middle of 40 acres in a place that hasn't seen a violent crime in decades). She has to go to the house, where she UNLOCKS THE DOOR (she is just outside) to get the keys to cgfg's mom's house.
So I asked...cgfg doesn't have a key that's hers to carry...