Well today hit a whole new level

Nancy

PG when my difficult child had to do community service she did not have a PO. They gave her a form she had to have signed every time she did servicve. There was a dept in the court that handled community service, they told her where she could go and gave her the form.

Nancy

FlowerGarden

OMG! My heart goes out to you, PG. I hope the outcome for your difficult child is what you are wishing for. Jail may be the only thing to help her realize how bad off she is. I hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs to you.

Calamity Jane

PG,
Regarding the possible ovarian cysts, just want to let you know I used to occasionally develop them whenever I'd ovulate. The pain actually was so bad, I thought it was my back until I had a sonogram. Plus I had fever and vomiting. I literally could not stand up straight. They thought perhaps appendicitis, kidney problems, but it was my ovarian cysts. They would just burst on their own (sounds gross) a few days after I'd ovulate and it was like nothing happened...I'd be just fine. The heating pad used to work great. Don't know for sure, but I'll bet it had something to do with all the shots I used to take to conceive.

P

PatriotsGirl

Hmm, she just calls me from a private rehab facility. She met up with a friend at court who offered her gas money to give him a ride back there. She wants to stay and asks us to pay for it. Of course I want to, but husband feels it would be a waste. It is an amount due now and then paying weekly. We could pay the amount down but not the weekly. difficult child says she will get a job and start paying it herself but I have little faith in a program that allows them to work immediately and she told me they told her they expect her to work right away. Don't they have to focus on the program first?? What good is it to be at a place for only a week? I told her there are places that take insurance or a reduced price because she has no income. She just said f it and bye. I feel bad, but am I right? I see so many others that have wasted money. My brother went to a free program and is still clean years later. I couldn't afford this place longer than a week... :-(

doggy

I have been dealing with addiction issues in my family before I could walk this is a subject I am very well versed in. Being sober is a commitment she has to make. Both of my parents were heroin addicts an aunt and a bunch of cousins. I have witnessed 1st hand how this behavior destroys a family dynamic. Drugs can make you hate your child. A lot of these rehab centers could give a damn about the pain and grief of a family. She is only going to get what she puts out when it comes to treatment. DO NOT LET THIS DESTROY YOU FINANICALLY!!!! I watched my grandma go broke and lose EVERYTHING including her life trying to save people who dont't want to be saved

InsaneCdn

My brother went to a free program and is still clean years later.

Read more: http://www.conductdisorders.com/for...ole-new-level-50041/index2.html#ixzz24R1GxjSL
My brother... went through lots of programs, and eventually ended up clean and sober but... on his own schedule. Not until he was ready.

It isn't the cost of the program, nor in some ways the details of the program.
The key is whether or not they are ready to change.
And THAT... is much harder to tell until after the fact.

PG: i am so very sorry for everything that you are going through right now. Jail may be the best place for your difficult child, to keep her safe and away from drugs. I know that it is really scary to think of your difficult child in jail, because my difficult child has been in jail for over 6 months. I was so scared when my difficult child was first sent to jail, because I really thought that he would not survive in a jail for more than a few days. I lived in constant fear of my difficult child, was unable to sleep, was worried all the time, and I didn't want to talk to any of my friends because they could not possible understand what I was going through. My difficult child actually told me recently that if he was not arrested and sent to jail that he would probably have died because of all the drugs that he was taking. So in a very strange way being in jail really saved his life.

Please try to take care of yourself and your health. I will pray for you and your difficult child, and I am sending you wishes for strength in the days ahead. (((HUGS)))

Please remember to take care of yourself and your health. I am still worried constantly about my difficult child, and I wake up in the middle of the night with worry. But I have learned that my difficult child is a true survivor, and he will survive where ever that courts send him.

T

toughlovin

Dont pay for anything until you talk to the program directly and check them out. It sounds fishy to me.

TL

P

PatriotsGirl

I looked up the website and there wasn't much information at all, which is very fishy to me as well. Also, it seems to be more of a half way house than a rehab. husband and I feel that she has to go through a program first, then a halfway house. And knowing difficult child and judging from the attitude I got from her yesterday, we think she was desperate for a place to hide because she knows there is going to be a warrant for her. So, no, we will not pay for her to hide out. If she is serious, we can find a program that takes insurance or is on a sliding scale or she can go to jail.

I am glad she is thinking about rehab, but no, I am not willing to throw any more money down the drain when it comes to her....thanks everyone!!

P

PatriotsGirl

Also taking care of my health and got in to see my doctor. Currently waiting for an ultrasound to confirm or deny a cyst. Nurse couldn't feel anything, so that is a good sign. I swear if there is nothing wrong with me, I am getting on anti depressants. Every other month I have a new health fear and I am so tired of this... :-(

Nancy

I'm glad you checked out the place. Sound slike she just wants a place to hide too. A halfway house should be just that, halfway out of treatment. She is looking for an easy way out.

Good that you went to the dr. My easy child has an ovarian cyst that seedms to give her problems every few months. She has been to the ER twice now because of the awful pain.

Nancy

P

PatriotsGirl

They didn't see anything wrong....i had a full exam and ultrasound so if the cramping and ovulation pains don't go away, I need to make a gastro appointment. No fun. But I swear, this feels just like when I normally ovulate only worse and for a longer period of time... :-(

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
PG, I had similiar issues years ago when I was married to XH. They did both kinds of ultrasounds and... Nada. After about a billion tests (well, it felt like that many at least), they determined it was hyperstimulation of one ovary. No clue what caused it. And... I forgot about it until we did the IVF and the first round hurt SO BADLY - for literally weeks - and I realized it was the same thing. (For the second round they dropped the dosage of the drugs and I was fine.) That is what it sounds like to me... But it could be something else of course. Does it get worse right before you ovulate too? That would be the time to look - because after ovulation any overstimmed follicles can't really be seen even on the ultrasound, they're empty. (They also mentioned to me, that was 2 years ago but apparently age has something to do with it too. & I think you're near my age, a year or so younger??)

*I could be completely and totally off base here... Just my thoughts.

Nancy

PG my easy child's gyno told her the same thing, to make an appointment with a gastro. She did and he was not concerned at all and didn't want to do any tests. So she is left still not knowing why this keeps happening.

Nancy

S

Signorina

Hey PG - I am so sorry that your mommy heart is hurting. I know that it's an especially low blow so quickly after giving her the car (and ignoring that little warning voice you heard at the time)

{{{hugs}}} to you from me.

And I am right their with you on the pelvic/ovulation pain. I had such horrific pelvic/tailbone pain about 5 weeks ago that I literally ended up rocking on all fours for about 15 minutes in a hot shower until it subsided. And I was achy from it for days afterwards. And I am not sure if I actually ovulated because my period is now 22 days late. And I am relatively sure I am not pregnant (please NO-took a few tests all negative, and we are careful) I am chalking it up to extreme stress or the beginnings of menopause. <GULP>. I am only writing this to add that I was diagnosis'd with a hydrosalpinx (water in a blocked fallopian tube) about 8 years ago and I was put on bcp because of it and because I was getting cysts. Anywho - long story short - the hydrosalpinx did not show on the ultrasound - but it did show on an HSG. I went off bcp about a year ago due to my age - and started getting tailbone pain about two months after going off bcp...so you may want to ask about a hydrosalpinx...

I really and truly think ovulation issues and stress go hand in hand. I hope you get some answers soon. {{{hugs}}}

A

AmericanGirl

PG, I'm so glad you are making you a priority. I understand about declining health. difficult children can cause that much more than just growing old.

I cannot imagine how I would have managed without antidepressants. Just my opinion.

lovemysons

Oh my Patriots girl,
You have my prayers that your daughter will be stopped from this out of control, runaway train, behavior and at some point get the help she needs.
So sad what our children get themselves involved with sometimes and all the pain that goes along with it for everyone.

Hugs,
LMS

P

PatriotsGirl

I am here in Chicago on business and I got the best news today. A hole has been arrested for drug trafficking!!! :)
The sheriff called me today looking for difficult child and asked that I ask her to call him. I did, and she informed me about that and said she was leaving the state.
Whatever. But I am beyond thrilled that he is in jail!!!!! Happy dance!!!