Well wishes to those in the path of Ike

klmno

I was just reading about this on cnn's website- it looks pretty serious. The photo of people evacuating looks like a nightmare and they expect Ike to hit as a category 3, but it says there is a 25% chance that it will be downgraded to a category 2 by the time it hits. That is still a pretty threatening hurricane.

So, I second TM- stay safe and please don't try to risk it! Many well-wishes are being sent your way!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
As things are getting worse for those of you in the path of Ike. Please try and be safe.
Hopefully this Hurricane slows down in speed...

jal

Thinking good thoughts too - stay safe in the wake of Ike. I have family in Houston and Corpus and am praying everyone will get through OK.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Be careful, evacuate if they tell you too, and stay safe. Prayers being said for all those in the path of this storm.

Hugs

trinityroyal

Saying prayers and holding good thoughts that all of you in the path of Ike are safe and sound. As others have advised, if they tell you to evacuate, please pack up and go.

Check in when you can to let us know how you're faring.

Sheila

We made it through safely.

We lost several trees and are without power, but are otherwise in good shape. We were very, very fortunate.

We are being told it will be 2 to 4 weeks before power is restored. We have a generator, but ability to get on the board may be sporadic until we regain power.

Thanks for the well wishes.

klmno

That's good to hear, Sheila- well, considering how bad it could have been. The photos I see on tthe news leave me worried about all those in that live in that area. Even people who evacuated are going to have a tough time getting things back in order. How do you get fuel for the generator under these circumstances?

wakeupcall

We evacuated on Thurs. from Houston, Clear Lake, to San Antonio. We are still in SA as we have no power, though feel lucky. Our subdivision is three miles from the Hilton you are seeing on CNN. It was forecasted to be right in the middle of the storm surge from Galveston Bay and I just knew our house would be gone! As it turned out, the storm moved just a tad east and spared our whole subdivision! We haven't gone home yet as I said because of no power, but we understand our fence is down and no other major damage. We don't know about windows yet. I'll check in once we get home. Thanks for all your support....it worked!!