went off on psychiatrist's office

B

Bunny

I'm sorry that it was such a bad day. And I can not believe that the therapist did not call you back after leaving messages for days and days!! That's ridiculous!

I hope that today is a better day for both of you.

TerryJ2

Best of luck with-the Zyprexa. I have no experience with-it but others here, have.

I always found there was a tricky teething period with a new doctor.
I agree!

Gosh, you need a break (but not your toe). Heal quickly--both your toe and your spirits. I hear you.
:stopglass:

buddy

Thanks guys. Gave him the medication today at 9:30, he has been refusing to take medications for a while lately .... just to add to the power struggles (he has always been medication compliant). I get him to take them but I hate the battle. I then did what I did yesterday but didn't wait.... I just headed down to the car. He followed me and got in. we went for a long long walk at a regional park. He was mostly pretty nice. Got in the car, went to a convenience store to get a drink and he wanted a huge soda and I said no. He pushed and said he was getting something else so I simply walked out to the car and got in. I locked all the doors except his and he just put stuff away and got in the car and said nothing. I drove to mc d and got a hot chocolate for myself, he asked nicely for one so I got him one. He wanted something else but started adding mean names so I drove away saying nothing. We got home and he has been mouthy on and off, making demands (mostly he is anxious about wanting to go play with friends it is one week since the 911 call and he is going on and on about that... vascilating between saying he will show me he will never do that again to "Showing me" he is in charge... ummmm.... from pleading to defensive. He is actually embarrassed and worried if they would play with him again.

Still, no actual hitting or hurting at this point. Hope at least it continues. The hard part will be when he transitions home from Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) today. He thinks he is going to see his friends and just not come in the house. I am saying he has to come home with me then.... I will pick him up and he will not ride with the Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) person home. (we go in the underground garage then so can't see friends etc.) Maybe we will just stay home.