Went to put something in my Mom's cedar chest today....

Mom2oddson

And right on top was Duckie! Duckie was easy child's best friend from the time he got him (in his first Easter Basket) until the time we packed him away in the cedar chest.

When easy child had to wear an eye patch because he scratched his eye, duckie had an eye patch. And so on. Those two couldn't be separated.

Well, I picked up Duckie to give him a hug just for old times sake and ended up just balling my eyes out. It totally surprised me. I didn't see that coming. Guess I miss my little guy more than I thought.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Awwwwwww.........Just think--------Duckie will be ready for easy child's baby. (ducks ugly stare Gramma) :imok:

Mom2oddson

That's why Duckie and a lot of other things are in the chest. Baby blankets that my Great Aunts made for me when I was a baby and used for easy child will someday be used on (hopefully) another little easy child.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well then why are you crying? Recycled ducks are great things to love! I have a teddy that is 46 years old!

Re-duck does not mean reduction of love!

Mom2oddson

I think it was just a reaction to a very tough day. And maybe a desire to go back in time when it was just easy child and I and the biggest challenge in life was which book did we want to read first.

My Larry the Lion was 46 on Christmas Eve.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I just read - I'm so sorry honey -------HUGS.......and you go hug Larry - THAT IS A WISE and simple Lion with many many answers.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have two - Phroggie (yes, I was a snarky kid... He was just Froggie from the time I was newborn till I was about 7 and discovered "ph" and "f") - and a doll that my gma gave me my 2nd Christmas (I was 10 days old my first one, so I got Phroggie...) and I named her after my last name (maiden name unpronounceable for many people). So, OK, one is 38 and the other is 37. But - I also have Penelope. She's a crocheted monkey... And she's about... 62 now... Mom's, then mine.

Larry knows you. So he gets it. And I bet Duckie does, too...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My lovey never survived childhood. Although I have a few treasured pics of myself holding my much loved/adored worn doll. She was recycled herself.....not that it mattered one bit to me. The 2 of us were inseparable the moment I laid eyes on her when I was 4 or 5 until the day my mother let another child destroy her when I was 10. If you think I've never forgiven my mom for that you'd be right.

Nichole still has her Simba. When Aubrey is very good she's allowed to snuggle him.........because Nichole is still extremely attached to Simba. lol If Aubrey rough plays with him Nichole has a heart attack and puts him away. But Aubrey loves Simba too. But this is a special Simba and they're nearly impossible to replace..........we discovered this when looking into getting Aubrey her own version.

Travis still has a very very worn EB Bear (Elder Bearman xmas bear) he got his first xmas.

I'm not sure if easy child saved anything or not.

Aubrey has her Bunnie. It's a bunny that Darrin got her for easter when she was like 2. She adored it because Darrin gave it to her. Nichole has finally, after years of searching, found a spare she is going to buy in case something should ever happen to Bunnie. Smart Mom.

Darrin had his pooh blanket. easy child picked up 3 spares at yard sales to make sure nothing ever happened to it. Darrin also had a stuffed catepillar........he had 2 spares as well because the earth stopped if buggy couldn't be found. Now they've been passed down to Brandon and Connor who love them just as much.

Brandon has his Bunny as well. Not hard to see how loved he is. lol

Connor has yet to attach to something.