Went to school 2 days - now not going today

rlsnights

difficult child 2 isn't getting up to go to school today.

He did great the last 2 days - drank some coffee to help him get going in the morning but otherwise appeared to be a easy child rather than difficult child when it was time to go to school. And he seemed downright happy to be back at school all day.

This morning I can't get him really awake again. He mumbled at me rather than doing the bear emerging early from hibernation thing but still refused to get up.

He was still up at midnight last night. I was sick with tummy bug last 2 days and wife got up with him when he came and asked for some clonipin. She said he told her his thoughts were racing and he couldn't sleep. She gave him half a clonopin (1 mg) and went back to bed. She said she heard him up for quite a while after that but wasn't sure how late. I was apparently dead to the world and have no clue.

This afternoon we meet with the school psychiatric for the first time to start the ED assessment. Sounds like perfect timing to me.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post about feeling like an idiot. It's so good to get other people's insights. I would never have thought of it as him doing what we wanted finally. As usual, I was pre-occupied with the judgmental perceptions of the Special Education people. Got to get over that...

Patricia

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hate that roller coaster ride with our difficult children moods. They do for a small bit but often it doesn't seem to last. Hugs.