Went to the rodeo tonight...yee haw!

KTMom91

We hadn't planned on going, but Miss Mocha's Mom had two extra tickets, and offered them to us because Hubby brings Miss Mocha (Jack Russell) and her sidekick (Great Dane) home when they break out of the back yard and come visiting. Miss Mocha is the brains, the Dane is the brawn.

The rodeo was really fun! It's been several years since we've been able to go. I drove Hubby crazy by poking him and whispering, "Bump-it alert!" Nearly every young woman had a Bump-it in her hair...fitting, I suppose, since they were invented near here. Big hair, low-cut tops, Daisy Dukes, and cowboy boots...the attire hasn't changed since I first attended this rodeo about 35 years ago.

Mutton bustin' was beyond hilarious...two of the sheep wandered out of the chute and lay down, tipping over the poor kids on their backs. Several others shot out of there so fast the kids went flying. Loved the riding parts...not so much the roping, though the featured guest was a charro from Mexico who did the most amazing rope tricks.

It was a wonderfully fun evening, and we're going to the parade in the morning. Looking forward to it; it's been two years since we've gone.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
difficult child 1 used to ride bulls. I miss goiing!

Sounds like a fun evening!

How far are you from Bishop? We want to come out to Mule Days someday. That looks like a riot.

M

ML

I'm so glad you had a fun evening out! We went to the rodeo a few months ago as well when the stock show came to Denver. Lots of fun!