Went to visit rehab and....

DammitJanet

came home with an appointment for a neuropsychologist exam!

I had a doctor's appointment today up near the rehab center where I was inpatient. I decided to go up a bit early so I could go into the rehab and visit all the therapists and nursing staff (plus everyone else) that had worked with me. It was so good to see everyone!

One of the people I stopped into see was the psychologist who had seen me all the time. Only difference was I used to see her in my room....this time I went to her office. I noticed when I saw her name on the door that she had the title of "neuropsychologist". I was shocked...lol. I told her that I had been trying to find a neuropsychologist for years and there she was! I asked her if it was possible for her to do neuropsychologist testing on me now that I was out of the hospital and it has been arranged for me to have an appointment for March 19th!!!

Just amazing what a visit can do. I am so excited to find out what this will show.

F

flutterbee

First you couldn't wait to get out of that place and now they can't keep you away!!! :rofl:

I'm really glad you're getting the neuropsychologist testing.

Of course, you know it will come back with..."we've never seen anything like this before..."

*ducks and runs* :tongue:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet that's fantastic news!! :D Neurospsychs for adults aren't so easy to find. And this doctor already knows the hsitory of the illness, a huge bonus.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing.....Got to see if insurance will cover it first. I'm tired of having things sneak up on me. I'd rather know up front what my weaknesses are so I can work on them better.

Unlike Heather.......I can see the words "Amazing and Astounding" written somewhere in that report.......... :rofl: Ok, so "unique" will be there too, but that's not usually a bad thing. ;)

How on earth did you get in so soon??

Hugs

DammitJanet

Lisa...maybe it helped that I hand walked the referral from psychiatrist back over to the rehab facility. Or maybe it is that I AM unique and unforgettable and people just like me...lol.

susiestar

Roll With It
How wonderful! I can't wait, I am SO excited for you!!!! This will answer a lot of your questions, I think. Glad they got you in so soon!