We're empty nesters!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I posted the other day and realized that I never announced difficult child's move.

difficult child moved out!!!!!!!!! :dance: :jumphappy: :musicdance:

He moved into his place at the beginning of the month and honestly....I think it's nicer than my house! LOL husband took him to the local furniture store thinking they would get a used couch....instead they found a LEATHER loveseat and chair....BRAND NEW for a heck of a deal. I'm mean and asked him if he goes to jail..can I use the furniture? :bigsmile:

Anyhoo....I think the newness is wearing off and he's bored/lonely. We see him almost daily as he comes over to pet the dogs....or I'm taking him to the grocery store.

But...and this part just burns my hide.....he's keeping the place very neat and making his food and milk last. :faint:

Congratulations!!!!!! Enjoy your freedom!!! You definitely have earned it!!!

I remember the total sense of joy I experienced when difficult child 1 moved out. However, it was short-lived because difficult child 2 is still living at home. However, we're working on getting him into his own place as soon as possible!!!

As far as your difficult child making his milk last and keeping his own place presentable, I would be over the top furious. At least difficult child 1 practices what he preaches. difficult child 1 was a total slob while living with us and now has become an even bigger slob - Yes, it's possible, lol... I've only used his bathroom once, and believe me, once was more than enough!!!

Thanks for sharing this excellent news with us. It made me smile and at this time of day (I have to pick up difficult child 2 soon) that isn't easy to do! SFR

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Yaaaaaay!! He's keeping it clean, eh?! Youngeset did the same thing once she had her own place, kept it neat. Never mind she wouldn't help ME clean when she lived with me. Amazing, isn't it?!

Mom2oddson

and this part just burns my hide.....he's keeping the place very neat and making his food and milk last.

That happened with both easy child and difficult child-Ant. They were total slobs at home and are neat freaks in there own place. Go figure!

Enjoy your empty nest!

mstang67chic

Going Green
It's been sooooooooooo nice!!!! I was almost giddy tonight when I realized that I can actually have cold Pepsi in the house now because with difficult child out of the house, I can keep pop in the fridge and it will ~~GASP~~ still be there in the morning!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl:

Yeah..........same here with snack foods. lol I can keep cold pepsi in the fridge whenever I want........Travis doesn't like pepsi. :tongue: