We're going to the psychiatrist tomorrow morning, please send board juju and prayers!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Tomorrow morning is the day I've looked forward to for years and years. I am a tad anxious, given our history, that my difficult child will fly into some orbit and not be able to make it, however, she still seems amenable, so my worry may not be real.

Her appointment with the psychiatrist for an evaluation is in the morning so if you could say a prayer, send us good wishes, board juju, anything, I would so appreciate it. I really hope this works out well, that she gets some kind of diagnosis, but more importantly, that she gets medications or the kind of therapy that she needs. This could turn both our lives around in a really positive way. I have been trying to get her evaluated and into therapy for about 20 years, so this is a big day! :fingerscrossed:Thank you all for all your support.

InsaneCdn

Sending whatever I can muster... that the psychiatrist is thorough, that difficult child is cooperative, and that you come out of the process with at least one more piece to the puzzle... a medication, a therapy, some additional answer that moves things forward.

buddy

Oh my yes! You have waited so long and she has suffered so much. Will send up prayer and will look forward to an update.

DDD

Fingers crossed and very very sincere hopes offered that the psychiatrist is smart and helpful. Hugs DDD

exhausted

This is such good news. I hope it is helpful and answers to questions are given. What a good mom you are to support this after 20 years. :hi5: