What a beautiful day....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
The sun came out today! :bravo:

We've only had sunshine 3 days out of the last 21 according to our local meteorologist. I believe it.

The temp hit 72 with the sun shining. We are at peak leaf color & it was beautiful to see the reds, golds & orange leaves in the sunshine. :autumn: Our neighbor has the most beautiful sugar maple & it's a gorgeous color red.

wm likes to collect leaves, rocks & such. I picked up a few leaves for his collection & have them stored in a phone book until I can preserve it for him.

I worked out in the yard for about an hour. All I could tolerate. So I sat on the patio watching husband work in the yard for the next 2 hours. I just kept him supplied with cold water & bags for yard waste. Other than that I sketched a few birds. :painter:

What a relaxing day (did I mention kt is at respite?)..... hoping tomorrow brings the same. :flower:

Kathy813

Staff member
So you are the ones hogging all of our rain!

We are in a severe drought here in northern Georgia. There is a real concern that our drinking water will run out in 80 days. We can no longer water our lawns and we are watching the grass shrivel and die as well as many of our bushes and landscaping.

I saw a very dirty minivan yesterday with the words "saving water because of the drought" etched in the dirt on the rear window. :rofl:

Could you send us a little of that rainy weather?? I'll send you some sunshine.

~Kathy

mstang67chic

Going Green
Sounds like a wonderful day for you! Glad you're having such a relaxing weekend.

I have to ask though......is Kt still going to respite with the people who called you to tell you what your daughter was calling them during her meltdown? I'm really curious to know if they are still respite providers now that they had a difficult child reality check. LOL

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
You all don't know how much I needed to see the sun today. It was awesome to get outside & feel the warmth of the sun on my arms.

I hope tomorrow brings the same. I know next week we're to get more rain. Ugh.

TerryJ2

Good for you, Linda!
I love working in the yard.
We've had a drought nearly all summer. And our well is broken.
We planted fall grass seed and most had gone to waste.
Still, I try not to think about it and just be grateful for the sunshine and going for walks with-the dogs.
:smile:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
Glad you had such a nice day today. My sister lives in your neck of the woods and also said yesterday was beautiful. We had two nice days in a row but I think the bottom is supposed to drop out tomorrow.

Kathy-I'll gladly send you some of the rain we've been getting-I've been hearing a lot about your drought on the news lately.