What a day!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I promised to take MIL2 up to Sturgeon Bay to see her son as she didn't get to see him for Christmas. Toss in an absolute blizzard on the way home...I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I couldn't see 20 feet in front of my car. (You know how I LOVE driving!) My hands are still clinched in a steering wheel position after the 5 hour drive, which should have been about 2 hours. We counted 33 cars in the ditches. Needless to say...I drove REALLY slow.

Then, just got off the phone with Old Bill from my book letting him know I was coming to Vegas to meet with him. My God, this man can talk. He's still telling me stories! I'm not even half way through typing the last installment. He's got arrows pointing everywhere, pages torn out and not in order, dates not in sequence, writing I can't read....UGH! I love the old guy, though.

I'm ready for bed.

Abbey

everywoman

I absolutely hate driving in bad weather---of course the only bad weather we get in horrific thunderstorms---no snow---so I can't sympathize. Glad you made it home safely. I've been reading for an old judge in town. He's written several books, and somehow, through husband, I have become his unofficial critic. I made the mistake of telling husband that his first book was a little formulaic for my tastes, and now, because I was honest, he thinks that I am the best reader he's got. I got my third book today to critique. It's southern literature. His others, although they have a southern flavor, are not what I'd call true southern fiction. Love the old judge though. He was asking me if he was too graphic in his "sex" scenes, but didn't know how to ask. I laughed and told him it was okay. I was a big girl now---he's the judge who ruled in my parent's divorce 40 years ago------LOL--I guess he still sees the little blond girl in the courtroom.

tiredmommy

I hate driving in conditions like that, it's absolutely exhausting. The only thing worse is driving in an ice storm. Get some rest!

Andy

I am so glad you are safely home. I have been there done that way too many times and avoid bad weather travel like the plague.

I missed going to my parents Monday because roads were too slippery. I was thinking about going tomorrow but the forecast now says Thursday's snow will start Wed night. I will look at details in the morning to decide about the 2 hour day trip.

This winter is so much worse than the last several years put together. I think our last real bad winter was about 12 years ago. I think I will be missing lots of work days this winter.

meowbunny

I miss many, many things about home. I do not miss the ice, freezing rain and snow. Glad you made it home in one piece.