What a month....

Mom2oddson

difficult child 2 tried to commit suicide because of the drugs. Had her involuntarily commited to one hospital. She was released from that one while we were still trying to get her into a rehab place. She was home for five days before we got the insurance lined up. We thought we had kept a very good eye on her... but she still managed to get her hands on drugs.

The hardest part is that she really didn't want to go to rehab. But it was either go or live with her birth Mom. So,she went. Now, it's just a matter of waiting I guess.

difficult child 2 has no self-esteem. She thinks she's ugly and has no friends. Yet, I've had five of her good friends cry on my shoulder because they are scared for her. All her teachers have been in contact with us offering their support. difficult child 2 has such a large extented family that is torn-up about her. Wish there was some way that she could see how much she is loved.

The weirdest part is that difficult child 2 only became a difficult child resently. And difficult child 1 is straightening out finally. He's back in school, doing an alternative program so he is now back on schedule to graduate with his class. He's even been accepted into the tech training school for becoming a fire-fighter.

DDD

How frightened you all must be. Glad you are getting her into a program that can provide supports. With your son rebounding from GFGishness, you can be optimistic about your daughter. Good luck. Hugs. DDD

everywoman

I am so glad you found a program. I hope that even thought she went unwillingly, she will see, once she is sober, that she needs the help. Good luck on your journey.

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
So sorry for the stress and hurt you are going through right now. I agree that the fact that your difficult child 1 seems to be emerging from the mists of difficult child-dom is a great sign and bodes well for your daughter. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.