What a Shock!

susiestar

Roll With It
husband just told me that the university's women's basketball coach and assistant died in a plane crash last night!! Not sure of details, but they go to husband's church and he is totally thrown for a loop by this. I am just stunned, and praying for their families and the team.

This is especially hard for the university as we lost 10 men associated with the men's basketball team back in 2001. I knew some of the families back then, too.

DDD

This has been a terrible week for Universities. So sorry that your team has suffered a major loss. DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
husband is really broken up about it. He started thinking about not seeing either of them at church on Sunday and it really shook him up. Then he saw the wife of one of the men who died in the plane crash 10 yrs ago (she is a soccer coach here) and remembered that she was pregnant when her husband died,and it got to him even more. He had more interaction with them both at church and at games, and it hit him hard.

Then he went to the memorial at the stadium. A reporter from the closest Fox affiliate interviewed him and he had a hard time, kept getting choked up. While I HATE the loss of these people, there is some comfort at seeing how people are pulling together to support the families and each other at this time.