What a start to the weekend

Wiped Out

Staff member
All I can say is yuck! After a really long day where Social Services had to be called about one of my student's parent I came home looking to relax-yeah-I know how silly can I be? Don't I know better by now?

easy child (although right now very gfgish) starts being rude with me. When I basically let her know she wasn't going to treat me that way she started in on difficult child. She was extremely rude and I could tell things were escalating so I tried to get easy child's attention to stop what she was doing. Of course, she totally ignored me. Finally difficult child had enough and threw an empty medicine bottle at easy child. I'm sure it hurt but you would have thought she was mortally wounded.

We sent difficult child to his room. I just let easy child cry because these days when someone tries to comfort her they are likely to get screamed at. Then she starts screaming at husband and me for not seeing how she was. She is screaming about she hates us and all people-would prefer to live in the wild with wolves.

We calmly pointed out everything we have done for her lately. She changes her mind she only hates difficult child (who had come back down by now). Screams at him how she wishes he was dead and wishes he would die. Of course, at this point difficult child is smiling because he knows he has gotten to her. She screams that if he smiles at her again she is going to strangle the life out of him.

I'm talking full out screaming. We sent her to her room. I seriously thought we might need to take her to ER because she was out of control. When she heard me say it to husband she told me I was way over reacting. It was all husband and I could do not to laugh at that point-we were overreacting?

Then we get her upstairs difficult child starts acting up ends up punching me in the leg once at which point I told him if he attempted it again I would call the crisis line. He stopped and took a time out.

Later husband and I took difficult child to the club and had a workout. That usually destresses me but not tonight. We came home and easy child was still moody-screaming about things-honestly!

She finally seems to be calming down and so is difficult child.

Sorry this is so long-I had to get this out-I was so just looking forward to a quiet night. When difficult child falls asleep husband and I are going to watch a movie and enjoy our peace and quiet-at least I hope so!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sharon, nights like this is why, some species in the wild eat their young. Sheesh.

Have a glass of wine, put headphones on and act like they have flown off to a remote island.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Fourteen year old girls can just be so darned moody. I remember when I was a sophomore in HS and I learned the word "histrionic"...that's what I think of a 14 year old girl. They just overreact and are so dramatic about everything, throwing fits - ugh!

Good for you for holding it all together...you had your eye on the pie (a peaceful evening with husband) and you finally got it. Glad everything settled down.

I'm really wound up myself this evening and PMS is about 50% of the cause, so I am not going to the store and instead I will shower and go read my book. easy child had a male friend visiting her this evening and he will spend the night. I kinda sorta wish the house was empty! What?? :surprise: Did I say that? Wasn't it about a month ago I was saying how much I missed my kids and house seemed so vacant?? Haha - see how that happens? Haha -

Let this go and enjoy your weekend! :flower:

Jo is not kidding.

Girls start at 11 (that is the age that they decide that they know E-VER-Y-THING) and it does not stop till 19 (if even).

Get her a crown, robe, and sceptor, O royal subject of the Drama Queen.

meowbunny

She PMSing? I used to have a calendar (hidden) so I knew when to just put my head down and pretend I didn't exist. Mind you, not that she didn't exist -- I didn't dare ignore her. It did help to know her schedule. Truth be told, it still helps. Fortunately for me, she's so regular, I have problem at knowing when I need to hide in my room and be very, very sure I don't smile, don't speak in anything but a monotone and barely breath.

Glad your son thought the whole thing was amusing. Much better than being upset and taking the whole thing personally.

No matter what, 14 stinks! Personally, I wanted to run away from home many a time between ages 10 and 20. Oh, yeah, she's still 20 and I still want to run away when she PMSes.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yes, meowbunny - that's what's nice about my girls being on BC (nuva ring). I always know why they are particularly mean at a certain time of the month. The worst is when we all get mean at the same time...all you hear is "sorry, sorry, ooooh, sorry" all over the house now because we call each other on it!! Hahaha.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I am so glad my girls are past this age. :surprise:

I can't stand that age in girls. I'm with Fran, makes me understand why some animals chose to eat their young. lol

When my girls went overboard on the dramatics I'd throw in some sarcastic humor. Let them know their dramatics had no effect on me, and even got them to laughing and help defuse the situation sometimes.

I hope you got some quiet time with husband before bed.

(((hugs)))

busywend

Ugh! I am in the throws of that, too. In fact, that is a typical night here in the busywend household - well as long as difficult child is here! LOL! It lasts a long time, so buckle down and hold on!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks ladies! Yesterday was a better day-each child had their moments but much improved!

Fran-Yeah I totally get the eating the young thing right now!

Jo-Right now I'm not sure I would be sad if both kids moved out. (I'm sure I would be but right this moment it sounds good.)

BBK-The title drama queen definitely fits my easy child! Rofl about the crown, robe, and scepter!

MB-It could be a pmsing kind of thing although is pmsing only before the period? I know she has it right now! Her moods definitely change throughout the month! I need to start tracking more closely!

Lisa-husband will often do the sarcastic humor thing and it will make her laugh-when I do it she usually gets more mad!

Busy-I'm holding on and buckled in!

Sheila-Thanks-it was a better day!