What an unexpected night - old schoolers alert!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
H is cleaning out his office and he brings me a floppy disk and wonders if it is mine. Fast forward 30 minutes to find anything to read a floppy disk and it was my collection of Pico. Two seconds and I was in tears. My gosh it's been so long since we lost our beloved board member.

I read through the posts and the Picoisms and saw so many names that I've lost touch with. I wonder if they check in from time to time...maybe changed board names, who knows. I know some have passed, but are always remembered. If any of you keep in contact with them, it would be nice to hear how they are doing.

StrawberryIsland
Nana
Sue C
Addie
Seffersmom
DadRich
Joybells :(
HopefulDucky
Blondie (come out, come out girl!!)
Joe's Mom
Tiapet
Did-I

There are hundreds more, but these were the few that came up on Pico's posts. Miss you guys.

Abbey

svengandhi

I've been here under various names since 1999 and I remember some of those people. I do remember Pico and her brave struggle. How are her boys doing?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Not sure about the boys. Last I heard they were doing great...but that was MANY years ago.

Dee RW? Haven't heard.

DammitJanet

Tia still posts here occasionally. I cant remember about StrawberryIsland. Did-I was here maybe a year or two ago, had to be after I was sick though and she gave an update. I havent heard from DadRich in forever. Addie hasnt come back since we had the board changeover. Sue C did an update not too long ago in PE. Now do remember not long ago is relative at my age...lol. The others, I remember the names but havent seen in a long time.

If you have picoisms, please save to word format and email them to me ok? I have some but certainly not all. At one time we were all collecting them.

susiestar

Roll With It
I remember some of them. I haven't heard from/of Joybells in forever and even wonder if she is still alive. she had so very many health problems that I worry about her, and still include her in my prayers.

Addie also sticks in my memory. She had a lot of foster kids didn't she? Last thing I remembered from her was her wanting to take a break because some of the kids had really put her through the wringer and gotten a new case worker to buy their stories of abuse from her. She had a lot of years of working with the very toughest kids, many with Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) and backgrounds that would break your heart.

Sue-C, DadRich, Tiapet, and Did-I also stick in my mind. I also remember WSM (wickedstepmom), OTE. and a few others. It bugs me that I cannot remember Joybell's husband's name. He was a real sweetie just like she was.

If anyone has contact info for any of these, tell them they are still in our thoughts and hearts.

svengandhi

I thought Joybells passed also. I know her husband did, can't think of his name, either.

OTE was on awhile ago, with a somewhat positive update. Addie left after some home issues, I always admired her abilities with the very damaged kids she worked with.

I also remember Kris fondly and was saddened when her daughter came on and said she had died. I vaguely remember Dadrich. Did-I moved to Pa., I think, and last I recall, Sue C's older daughter was married.

I also remember Tylerfan and hope she is enjoying AI this year.

It's funny how these names came back to me after years of not thinking of them.

witzend

Not sure about the boys. Last I heard they were doing great...but that was MANY years ago.

Dee RW? Haven't heard.

Last I heard she was out of jail/recovering from surgery, whichever story you preferred to believe. The jail story was the correct one. Given the way she took advantage of one of our longtime members she was asked to not return, as I recall.

flutterby

Fly away!
Joybells passed a few years ago. Members will just pop in my head out of nowhere sometimes and I wonder how they're doing.

witzend

I thought Joybells passed also. I know her husband did, can't think of his name, either.

OTE was on awhile ago, with a somewhat positive update. Addie left after some home issues, I always admired her abilities with the very damaged kids she worked with.

I also remember Kris fondly and was saddened when her daughter came on and said she had died. I vaguely remember Dadrich. Did-I moved to Pa., I think, and last I recall, Sue C's older daughter was married.

I also remember Tylerfan and hope she is enjoying AI this year.

It's funny how these names came back to me after years of not thinking of them.

Joy did pass not long after her husband died. I think of Tylerfan every Christmas when I think of the "Let her go, let her go, let her go" song.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Dee RW left after being found out about lots of lies and taking advantage of people, then reincarnated back as MeowBunny, then was found out again and don't think she has been back with a third personna. Her daughter had a baby and last time I know of her and baby were homeless

Marcie

svengandhi

I was off the boards for awhile so I didn't know about DeeRW's lies or MeowBunny. I just remember reading that she signed her teenaged difficult child daughter over to another member so she could have back surgery. Was she actually in jail instead? How sad that the baby is homeless.

Star*

call 911........call 911
WOW - I didn't know about DRW and Meowbunny being the same person either.

Whatever the reason people are asked not to come back? I guess it falls under NUN-my.

As for the others that have passed away? You are sadly missed.

Did I? She was just on not too long ago! She said she'd come back....do you see her? Huh? Do you?

Blondie comes here every now and then and updates on Pico's kids and her own.

Tylerfan pops in every now and then - I guess getting married has an enormously long honeymoon.

I talk to Tia ALL.THE.TIME. LOVE YOU T! -Even if the laughing donkey was a MONKEY - and I'm not telling - (turns it on) STILL ROFL! Thank U!

Sue C? She just needs to come and update! (crosses arms) ahem.

addie

Hello! This is me, addie! How lovely to hear from you and thanks, Susie, for alerting me.
Oh, that list of names brings back memories - of the time that the only thing between me and insanity was YOU guys, many of whom are on that list. What a life-line you were (and still are, I hope, to others).
I have no idea what my profile says as (don't laugh) but out here in this particular part of the country I can't get high speed, so am still on dial-up. I can't do anything fancy or technical.
But some might remember I am a therapeutic/treatment foster parent and have three adopted children.
David: 24, and doing well; did not complete college but has a GREAT job. Our relationship is prickly but we manage.
Chrissie: 22, MR/daughter, ODD, couch surfing; she and her sib Jess (20) have returned (after 16 years of no contact) to their birth family and culture and really, that is where they belong.
Jess: CD/AntiSocPD; two stints in jail for physical assault on me; neither she nor Chrissie have done (or are ever likely to do) a day's work in their life. Jess also basically couch surfing.
We love them both, see them occasionally, buy them clothes (tons at 2nd hand stores) when needed, and have come to terms with everything. Somehow we manage to scrape through Christmas each year.

We have a sort of other daughter, a former foster child, also 24, and she and I have more of a mother/daughter relationship than the other two - who both suffer from mental health issues. We would adopt but she can't bring herself to do that to her mother back in Africa.

I still foster; I had enough of runners and cutters so have younger children; one (13) is almost OK and a great help, when she's not being oppositional - she has been with us about 6 years. The 14 yo (coincidentally a first cousin to our adopted girls) is very dev delayed, except with boys (sigh); has been with us 5 years. Recently, shockingly, I got 5 and 6 yo sibs, boy and girl, so life has changed - sort of like a tectonic plate shifting.

My husband was long haul trucking (a post-retirement job) but as of today is home for 4 months at least, as single parenting 4 high needs kids (I did it for 5 weeks) leaves me no time for me - and I am now a yoga addict. But not having time to do it, the muscle has turned to flab.
I go to an ashram in the Bahamas at least twice a year, and that is all-around good for me.

4 and a half dogs (I share an abandoned boarder, blind, deaf, incontinent but happy, with a friend), 3 cats.

I would love to hear from others and will try to pop in from time to time. I learned SO much from you all and can only say ... how easy it is now! And I have my library of books from those past awful, horrible, dark, depressing days.
It is true. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

addie

witzend

I was off the boards for awhile so I didn't know about DeeRW's lies or MeowBunny. I just remember reading that she signed her teenaged difficult child daughter over to another member so she could have back surgery. Was she actually in jail instead? How sad that the baby is homeless.
Yes, she was in jail and had not even told the other board member who took in her daughter that she would be in jail in California rather than recovery from a major surgery in Switzerland which was the story she was using.

To say she was asked to leave might be an oversimplification, although she may have been. I'm not a mod so I don't know about that. I do know that she was caught in so many egregious lies by board members that she still wouldn't own up to that most of her conversations here were always came back to her being untrustworthy.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ADDIE!!!!!

OMG girl! Hey! Wanted to let you know - Chrissies tree is about...mmmmm 8' tall - the mend healed and the split grew beautifully! I think about her often! Lovely to see you on the board catching up.

I just finished CDL school - not sure if I'm going to do Long haul or be a local "card holder" lol. (as my brother puts it) -jerk. I'm an excellent driver. - really, really. Alley dock and everything. Yup,yup.

Dude is 20 - living with - the ex - ugh.

Df and I still together. Life is good.

Thanks for the update - Sends hugs....

Estherfromjerusalem

Addie, lovely to see you!

All those names -- makes me feel quite nostalgic. I also had no clue about Dee RW and Meowbunny being the same, and also no clue about her having to leave the board, etc. I was so not into things like that then.

Abbey, I'm so pleased you're back (I know, I said it before, but I just felt like saying it again!).

Love, Esther

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh wow. I soooooo remember most of those names. I still miss joybells a LOT. Did not have a clue about the DeeRW/meowbunny deal.........did wonder where meowbunny vanished to though. I often have random names pop into my head (usually in the middle of the night when I'm supposed to be sleeping) and wonder how they're doing these days.

Addie! Great to see you! Back in the day I was TMom. Wow, seems like forever ago I used that name. lol Had to change it a couple of times due to snooping kids.......like that did me any good. :sigh: So glad you stopped in and let us know how you're doing, though.

Hugs