What an unexpected night - old schoolers alert!!

N

Nomad

I remember vaguely Dadrich. I recall OTE. Does she still post? Didn't she move? And, yes, I remember Joybells...but do not know any details. I recall she had severe health concerns and it was heart breaking.
I was particularly fond of Kris :sad-very:
I was NOT aware of the various "stuff" going on. But this is even more likely the case when you post off and on.
Interesting stuff!!!!:wow:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, we rustled one out of the woods! Good to hear from you Addie!

Add me to one who didn't know about MeowBunny. Hmmm...

Abbey

Nancy

Sadly both Joybells and Kris have passed away. I miss Kris terribly, we had many long and interesting phone conversations. She followed politics closely and we shared a lot of the same views. I often find myself wishing I could call her. Her husband just passed away last week. Kris's kids have had a lot of tragedy in their young lives.

Lol witz, I still shutter when I hear the name Dee RW.

Nice to see you Addie. If you go to the Substance Abuse forum you will see what my difficult child has been up to. Long story short, she is an addict/alcoholic and we kicked her out of the house ten days ago. She is living in a house down the street where the parents allow pot smoking and encourage it.

Nancy

DDD

Kris was a lovely caring person. We spent an evening together and I got to meet her family. I didn't know that her husband passed away. That really saddens me. Joy predeceased her husband. I echanged emails with him after her death but didn't know he too had passed. DadRich will always be remembered because "my" wings recipe originated with him...although I couldn't remember his name to give him credit years later when I posted the recipe on the Board.

It is nice to read some updates from old friends. One that I think of every year or so is MountainMama. Remember her? She had two difficult child's daughters that were beyond challenging......then she left the Board. I'd love to hear an update. We have had such wonderful people over the years and the legacy lives on. Nice to read an update Addie. I've often wondered about David and the girls. I hoped he would be a Broadway star by now, lol. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Hey D3............you have "Wolf's" wings recipe, not Dadrich's. I know this because I've sent it to you a couple of times when you misplaced it. ;)

Suz

svengandhi

I remember Mountain Mama. Her daughters were twins and they'd take turns being easy child or difficult child and then occasionally, they'd both be difficult child at once. I don't recall them ever being easy child at the same time.

I realized that I have been here, on and off, since difficult child was in K and he is now a junior in HS.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I was going to post that I met mountain mama in Calif. Her twins went into quite a spiral after that.
She was always on line in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep or there were troubles on the site.
It's funny how quickly the time has passed.
Sue C posted not too long ago. I think Angela was doing quite well as a fashion designer.
I heard from several members from the past when I posted that I wasn't going to be a site owner any longer.

N

Nomad

Did not know that about Kris's husband.
Kris and I also had long conversations. One time husband and I went to mid Fla. and difficult child spent the night at her house!
She was super nice to me, patient, understanding and smart!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I emailed Did-I (Dee) earlier today. She said that she was on her way out but might post an update later.

Suz

Did-I

Worn out warrior
Hello friends!!!! :) Thanks for the email, Suz!! <3

Abbey, husband and I were talking about you and your hubby not long ago when we were remembering our Vegas trip and meeting the two of you there. Was a fun night! I hope all is well with both of you!

Tiapet and I keep in touch, but not nearly as much as I'd like, but that's my fault. We update one another on the goings on in our lives. I think she was the one who alerted me to Joy's passing. What a sweet and wonderful woman she was!! Her husband went by C.W. on here for those that were asking. I, too, was crushed by Kris' passing. We had become good friends. As far as her husband's passing, I'll keep my opinions to myself there. Does anyone keep in touch with Kris' kids and knows how they're doing?

I'll try to give you the short version update on my goings on. Unemployed since 9/09, got a job cleaning at night at the end of Oct '10, but got laid off New Years Eve. So I'm putting out resumes, going to a few interviews, still no job. :( A new indoor flea market opened up in our town, runs Fri, Sat and Sun, so husband and I rented a space. Not doing to badly. husband and I started an embroidery business a few years back and now that I can market our work to the public, we're starting to get some business there. I've been making Easter eggs already and they're going like wildfire. husband makes outdoor solar lights using landscaping ties, puts figurines and silk flowers and greens on them - they really are quite beautiful - they're selling well.

I am now a grandmother of 5!! Our latest, a boy, was born to difficult child 2 on 12/22. She has FINALLY found the one she wants to spend the rest of her life with. He is a great guy, treats her well. Absolutely loves the kids and is a great dad (the newest one is his son) He even wants to legally adopt the other three! Right before Christmas, they found a house to rent out of the area, not quite an hour away. I miss seeing them, but it is probably the best move difficult child 2 could have made. She basically cut the apron strings. Her oldest, T, my pride and joy is a difficult child if there ever was one :( :( Unfortunately, he has bio-idiot's and his uncle's genes (my difficult child 1) I'm hoping at 12 years old it's not too late to turn him around.

difficult child 1 - let's see. I don't remember the last time I was here whether I gave any specific update, only to say that he got himself into some real trouble. He's been in County lock-up for 2 1/2 years now but is legally in Federal custody. He was supposed to have been sentenced just this past Friday, but I got word Wednesday that they postponed it. Still not sure why. He will do a minimum of 15 and could get max of 30 years in a Federal Penn, which will be out of state. I'm told either one of the Carolina's and a New England state - not sure. Forgive me for not going into the specifics of his situation, but suffice to say that this is HIS doing. I have lost all respect for him and it pains me to even go visit him (in the 2.5 yrs he's been in, I can probably still count on just 2 hands how many times I've been to see him - and he's only 15 minutes away. sigh.

Oh, and for the record - I'd have to look back to see who mentioned that I moved to PA -- I've always been in PA, all my life! LOL ;)

It's great reading up on everyone's updates. I really have to make a point to pop in more often!!! :eek:/

HUGS all!!!!

DammitJanet

I can never think of you Dee without thinking of candy...lol.

I am fixing to catch up with you on the grand kids. Right now I have 3 and Cory is expecting another in September. Billy is now dating a girl he knew back in HS and she has 2 kids! That would put me at 6! LOL. I have a sneaky suspicion that this girl may be the one for Billy.

I also became aware of the whole DeeRW/Meowbunny fiasco but not before I was taken in badly. To say she conned me is an understatement. You all know I have a huge heart.

Estherfromjerusalem

I always think of DadRich when I want to say "tough luck" to difficult child, and I think of the word "bummer." I learned that from him, and he was such a colourful man, with such an individual approach to dealing with difficult children, and we didn't always agree with him! And one thing I always remember from Pico, which always makes me smile: The board was once trying to think of an appropriate description for the "disease" of having your bottom where your brain should be, and Pico came up with "recto-cranial inversion." I often think about that when I meet someone really stupid!

Just wanted to share those.

Love, Esther

muttmeister

I'm another one of the old-timers -it has been a real walk down memory lane to read all of the names on here. I remember them all, though I have to say I was oblivious to all of the drama mentioned. It's funny how, every now-and-then, one of those names and some of their advice will pop into my head. I don't post on any of the other boards anymore as my difficult children are grown: one is doing well and the other is just the same problems day after day. I still have to come here for my fix from you guys though. This is a great place and I appreciate both the old members and the new ones.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
What a blast from the past ~ I remember so many of RWs antics. Pico'isms were infamous here. Kris & Joy are sorely missed. Abbey, this thread brings both joy & sadness. Thanks for sharing.

DDD

Dee, I just referred to the wonderful candy you made that we gave as Christmas presents to our truck driving customers. Those tool boxes were awesome and delicious. Sorry to say I couldn't remember your name when I posted but I sure remembered your chocolate. Hugs. DDD

flutterby

Fly away!
I didn't know about the DeeRW/Meowbunny. I wish I had known - would have saved me a lot of energy.

It's nice to hear about old members. I've been around since 2003, but didn't officially join until 2006, and every so often a name will pop into my head and I'll wonder how they're doing.

witzend

I knew all about DRW at the time, but didn't realize that MB was the same person for the LONGEST time!

I too remember lots of advice from people that pops into my head. Did-I & Mutt, it's so good to hear from you! Did-I, I totally get where you are coming from about your difficult child, and awfully sorry that this is where your family finds itself. But you are an inspiration to us for keeping your wits about you.

Good to hear from you all!

Sunlight

I remember the night of Pico's funeral. I remember Did-I's zany posts and her son and daughter. I remember long nights up most of the night chatting on here when I first joined in 1999. I got to speak with DDD while I was vacationing in FLA a few years ago, met Suz several times, and Fran a time or two. Abbey inspired me. DadRich, Allan, and Greg were among the first men to post on here that I recall. I also met one gal from this forum when I was in San Diego a few yrs back. Still keep in touch with several of you from time to time by email, and am drawn here by PMs from friends here still. I remember DeeRW telling us that she went to high school with Bruce Springsteen, did not know that she was MB. Sorry, Dee to read of M's journey, may things workout better than ever expected for him.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ahh, Linda...I know the feeling. Years and years of happiness from this site, but a bit of sorrow, too. I guess that is why I don't post a whole lot anymore. Selfish to say, but I don't know if I can live through another family's trauma when my own hasn't stopped. It is darn selfish. I need to get my head straight.

Love you all.

Abbey