What are the things you just couldn't...

everywoman

live without.

I wear my rainbows (a leather flipflop popular in the surf community) year round. I buy a pair every five years or so. Love these shoes. They are my only shoe all summer, unless I have to wear "real" shoes to dress up. They are the first thing I put on when I get home from work. I wear them instead of slippers all winter.

I also have to have hair gel. No specific brand. But, with my head full of curls, unless I gel it, it is one big puff ball!!!LOL.

I have to have diet coke. I drink wayyyyyyy to much of the stuff. If I go through a fast food place that is a "pepsi" joint, I will go through another drive through just to get my fix of diet coke.

Okay---enough of my must haves.
What are yours?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My sims game. - Yes, I openly admit I'm addicted to the game. I play it every night from about 9pm until I go to bed. Helps me destress.

My comfy clothes. These are soft cotten shorts and a soft tee shirt in the warm months, and sweats in the winter. My kids hate it. When I go out I dress "normal", but the minute I come in the door I change into my comfy clothes.

My box fan. Can't sleep without it, even if it's below zero. I need the sound to drown out all the other sounds so I don't lay there trying to figure out what all those other sounds are all night. lol

Last edited:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Books. Gotta have my books. And my blankie in the winter time. Oh, and chocolate of course!!! When I put the three together, it's heaven! LOL

Andy

I have to have pop at every meal. I have learned to take my pop EVERYWHERE with me. Especially at church - I really get sick of the attitude that if you don't drink coffee you can have water (Icky beyond words to both). So, I bring pop and when anyone says anything (yes, I have had people question this in a judgemental way) I just say that everyone can bring their own beveridge. If you are not going to offer what I want, I can bring my own! And, the times lemonade is served with coffee and water? I still bring my own beveridge because I can probably drink at least one pitcher of lemonade by myself which would probably be frowned on.

My second item would be a vehicle that runs with no problems. I can not handle a vehicle that is undependable because I have no idea how to get it to work and I don't have time to try to find someone to help even if I did know who to call for help. My vehicle really is my life.

A cell phone if I am not at home. I want my kids to be able to get hold of me whenever. Also to call for help if my vehicle ever broke down (if I can ever learn who to call!)

muttmeister

Maybe it is because I'm getting old but I find, as I think about it, that there are very few things I can't do without. I guess I'd have a hard time doing without toothpaste (hate to have grungy teeth). I wouldn't like to do without my iced tea but I could do water if I had to. I'd hate to do without my dogs but I've lost enough over the years to know I CAN do without them. I'd have a hard time doing without my yard with the flowers and the veggies. And I could certainly do without TV but I need my library. I always wear makeup and would have a hard time doing without that but I'm not all that particular about brands, etc. I guess all I REALLY need is a roof over my head and a place to lay myself down to sleep.

I can't live without coffee, make-up, hair products,...all the girlie things. I also love to put on my bathingsuit board shorts with a t shirt, unlike Daisylover, I do wear these everywhere! (when I'm not at work). I can't live without going to the gym twice a day- I'm addicted. I love diet soda, all the fun flavors, at the moment I'm drinking diet Dr. Pepper cherry vanilla.-Alyssa

Last edited:
F

flutterbee

Diet coke, m&m's, jammies - all I wear at home is jammie pants and a t-shirt, long sleeve in cool months, short sleeve in warm months. And my pillow. I finally found a pillow that works for me and I will never travel without it.

I take my soda with me, too.

DammitJanet

I have to admit I am a diet coke freak however since money is really tight I have conceded to drinking whichever brand is on sale at the store that week. In really tight times I have even stooped to drinking Sam's club diet soda.

I also have to have something sweet at night. Have to. I also need my cell phone. I have so much anxiety about not being able to be in contact with Tony that if we both dont have the cells on us that I start freaking out. My anger went down considerably once I was able to know that I could reach him when he was driving all those long hours on the construction vans. It just worried me so badly that he could be in an accident and I wouldnt know. Or be hurt at work...or or or...lol.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Coffee in the morning, toothpaste, mascara, slippers, cell phone, laptop and contact lenses.
Truth be told I could live without any of those. I would hate to be without them but I can't live without my husband, son's, siblings, puppies. They make life worth living.

DammitJanet

Fran...touche.

Honestly...I can live without most everything on my list. I can do without my diet soda if I have to...dont want to...but can. I can even do without the phones. I lived for years without a phone. I dont want to...but could if I had to.

What I never want to have to live without is my ...ok...now you made me cry...my family. I dont want to have to lose any of them. This hits just way too close. I would give up anything in my life not to lose a child.

susiestar

Roll With It
My kids and husband. Having Wiz move out, and that first year when we didn't see much of him hurt so DANG bad it is undescribable. I think it was even worse because first there was SO much violence to heal from and second thank you looks EXACTLY like Wiz did when he was whatever age. Wiz at 8 looked like thank you looks at 8. It was a constant reminder of that hole in my heart, though I never ever said anything around thank you.

I truly would go crazy without books. lately Ih ave had to turn to ebooks because I cannot physically hold a book every day. But I CAN click a key to turn a page, and read a screen. So ebooks are helping my sanity big-time.

Anyway, if I truly had to I would do with-o books - but ONLY if it was truly necessary.

Can't do with-o husband adn the kids, and am SO HAPPY that Wiz is back in our lives pretty regularly - and we have all healed most of the trauma!!

meowbunny

Kitty purrs. Coke Classic. Books. My memories of the things and those I love. My laptop -- it has EVERYTHING on it. Client info. Account data. Emails from my daughter and friends. Dumb jokes. Basically, my life on a disk.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, and I'll have to add milk. I'm an addict. I just drank the last of a gallon and I'm starting to get the shakes already.

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
Family number one (even though at times it doesn't feel that way-lol) and friends.

Coke classic-only one per day though. My electric blanket in the winter. One night of hot buttered popcorn a week. Comfy clothes. The noise from the fan at night to help me sleep. This wonderful group. Going to the pool in the summer-I love soaking up the sun-so peaceful even though it isn't good for me. BOOKS-I love to read!

trinityroyal

Laughter.
husband and the kids.
Tea.
The gigantic mug as big as my head in which I drink my tea (not fussy about the mug itself, just the size = HUGE, otherwise I'm making 20 or 30 trips down the hall to make tea. Can't afford the time).
Adjustable chair at work. I have to choose, do I reach the floor or the desk. Without an adjustable chair, I'm sitting on phone books.

I guess that's about it for the show stoppers...

Interesting question