What are you cooking for Easter dinner?

rejectedmom

Daisy, I'm jealous!

Goldenguru & Crazymama Traditional is good. It's just that we are a bit hammed out.

SRL, Sounds like a good time was had by all. LOL

Genny, How nice for you and the family but overnight company is a lot of work also. Have fun and eat lots!

Compassion, I often do brunches here as I find them less work than the dinners. For some reason husband will pitch in a bit more for those.

Suz, Have fun!

Muttmeister, Mmmmmmmm I love deviled eggs and strawberry cheesecake!

gvcmom, bowling for drinks ...........I LIKE IT! LOL

K

Kjs

I know I am a bit late on this post, I've been out of town.

I am not cooking anything. As usual, I work (all the holidays). So, I have everything ready to go. husband just has to place in the oven. When I get home I'll have, Ham, beans, potatoes and the yummy cheesecake I made.

I would of chosen a different type of potatoe had I been home. but baked is easiest for husband.

We really like Ham. Nothing fancy. I absolutely love potatoes. Any kind. I have potatoes of some form every day. I'll have two baked potatoes.

Enjoy your meals!

SRL

I had to go with a second choice for potato, too. My kids would all like the cheesy scalloped potato route but I only have one oven and can't pull that off with the ham so I'm doing the crock pot cheesy potato route. I like it well enough though. Yesterday I also spotted some small sweet potatoes (which I rarely see) so I'm going to wrap those in foil and there should be room around the roaster pan for those. I love love love sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar.

Looks like our menu will shape up to be this:
Ham
cheesy potatoes
sweet potatoes
brocolli casserole
spinach salad
raspberry pretzel jello
frosted lemon jello
unknown side dish
fruit salad
veggie tray
homemade dinner rolls
pasta salad if I get to it
pies and sugar cookies

Between this and the leftover chicken in the fridge, I'm not cooking for the next few days.

kjs I'm having cheesecake envy. Last time it was here my oldest made a cheesecake and that sure sounds good to top off an Easter dinner.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I didn't have to cook this year except for a pasta salad! We had way too much delicious food. I'm in Michigan and we all got together at my mother in law's house-huge potluck! We had homemade fried chicken, ham, cheesey potatoes, pasta salads, spanish rice, fajitas, ham, homemade guacomle. We also ate cheese cakes!

I haven't worked out since I got here on Wednesday night-good thing for my waist line that we are headed back to Wisconsin tonight-hope everyone had a great Easter!:)

donna723

It's usually just me and my son so I never get really elaborate, I just fix what we like. He wants to have exactly the same things we always have and he loves ham so I always make one. He went home with a good sized plate of food for his roommate, another big plate full of ham, and half a banana cream pie, so he's a happy guy!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, we didn't go to the bowling champagne brunch afterall. Everyone but me still feels crummy from this bug that's hanging on for.e.ver. So we didn't even go to church! Ugh! I had an egg hunt for the kids in the back yard in the morning. For lunch/dinner, I had bought a small ham, some asparagus, and the absolute best-tasting scalloped potatoes from Costco on Friday. All I had to do was heat and serve. So we ate at noon and I spent the day in my pj's watching movies with the kids. husband went golfing late afternoon. Then I cut up a bunch of strawberries and we ate them with angelfood cake. Probably the simplest, quietest Easter we've ever had.

It's gonna be a good week -- we're on break, so I get to sleep in every day if I want!!! Yipee!