What are you doing for YOU this Christmas???

Mom2oddson

As women, we tend to do EVERYTHING while not getting much in return. And there are a lot of times that at the end of Christmas day, even though we've enjoyed the day and the joy our family had with all food/gifts/planning that we did, there seems to be that "let-down" feeling.

I know we've had a Mom's day thread about doing something special for ourselves so we don't get that let-down feeling, so I'm wonder what - if anything - you might be planning to do for yourself so that at the end of the season you aren't feeling let down?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am NOT entertaining my entire 30-person extended family this year on Christmas Day. Whew/Phew....☺

I am wondering how I will include my mom in our Christmas Day celebration. I know she would love to come to either my house or my sister's for at least part of the day, but that depends upon the weather, If it's not too bad out, I may bring her home for a couple of hours. Other than that, we will be noshing on leftovers and hitting up the movies! Who knows? I may wear my jammies all day long!

Just wanted to add that my birthday lands two days after Christmas and I will have some family in town that day. Then I get two days to chill and a friend from LI comes to visit for our traditional New Year's get together. Maybe I will get lucky and one of my girls will buy me a GC for a massage again and that will be just for me!

DammitJanet

New TV sounds wonderful and Jo yours sounds pretty good. Holiday birthdays can be hectic.

I doubt we do much other than keep Keyana as close to all of us as possible. I wouldnt be surprised if we didnt stay all in my house for those 5 days.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Me?

I'm eyeing the most adorable mastiff / boxer mix 5 wk old pups someone I know is offering for free and working hard not to bring one home. :rofl: (seriously, you've no idea how hard that is)

I'll come back to this post as I don't have time........but I've been busy busy. lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I bought myself some hair stuff.
I'm dyeing my hair Christmas Red.
I'm going to try the IVF one more time. (That's well after Christmas, but...)
I'm NOT letting anyone get me down!!!

KTMom91

I have my old standby, a pedicure, planned for the 23rd. Bright red toes for Christmas!

Before we head for Portland with a U-Haul full of furniture...:hammer:

Mom2oddson

I'm thinking about taking the 27th off of work. We have the wedding reception/open house on the 26th. We have all four nieces/nephews...including the 4 month old by ourselves on the night of the 26th. I haven't taken care of a baby in 21 years!! Yikes! So, I'm thinking after everyone leaves on the morning of the 27th.... I want to do something I want to do! Whether it's staying in my jammies watching christmas movies or going out with husband & easy child, it will be whatever I want to do. And the men get to take care of me that day!

KTMom - have a safe trip to Portland and back home!

Hound - I'm jealous! I want a puppy for Christmas! .......uummm.....housebreaking?.....chewing on everything?....Never mind, I change my mind.

InsaneCdn

Hound - You don't want that puppy for at LEAST another 7 weeks. Trust me. Take 'em too young - and you get serious GFGness - probably related to attachment disorders. I know - most let them go at 10 weeks, but in my experience... puppies do GOOD with at least 3 months with Mom. (our current pups had 5 months... and boy did she teach them well!)

But if you wait another 7 weeks, then... they won't be QUITE so adorable... which might make it easier to say NO. But that's only a MIGHT... on the other hand, at 3 months, the pup might decide to do the adopting and you'll be sunk!

LittleDudesMom

Good for everyone!!!! I bought myself a heated neck and shoulder massager that I am wrapping and putting under the tree "to mom, from santa".

Sharon

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL IC, I'm trying hard NOT to adopt one of those pups. Not because I don't want one in the worse possible way, but because Betsy is already jealous over Molly and I can only imagine how she'd treat a new pup. I wouldn't do that to a pup, not fair. And there is no way I could keep them separated because I already have my hands full keeping Molly and Betsy separated (at least when they're around me, rest of the time they're fine together) But I can dream............ It's not easy because she's having a really hard time finding them homes due to their potential size as adults. Some day when Molly and Mr Rowdy pass on I'll adopt me a really big pup that can give Betsy a run for her money. lol But not anytime soon.

So, ok for me???? Now where was I??

I'm being a Santa Elf. Yup. No husband to cringe and grump everytime I pick out the perfect gift for someone regardless of the cost. (not I'm being mindful of the cost but I'm sure you know what I mean) Picking out the perfect presents for everyone else is making ME happy. And they're not just piffle trifles that won't be useful either. Actually they will come in VERY handy for all. Ok, well, the kids are being spoiled but they're kids. :rofl: :santa::gingerbread:

Ok, I'm a bit strange I know. But doing for other people always makes me happy. So that's what I'm giving myself for xmas this year. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay anyone that wants a puppy? OLIVIA is still looking for a home - Spayed, up to date on shots, microchipped, completely housebroken, ABSOLUTELY LOVELY disposition, excellent watch dog....not a yapper and before she ends up in the pound - she needs a home. (okay I admit she probably won't go to the pound) ahem.

What am I doing for myself? . I can't think of a single other thing I need. Or want. Except the 47th year asking of a pony. The excuses have gotten nearly banal. "Oh honey, Santa can't possibly fit a pony in his sleigh. Oh honey, Santa wouldn't have time to clean up after a pony. Oh honey, Santa blah blah blah a pony." I never get one, I'm tired of asking. I switched in years past to a donkey thinking they're smaller, and I haven't gotten that either. I did get moose poop from Toto one year and it was DELICIOUS. Ate the whole bag myself. That's about as close as I've gotten to a four legged critter on Christmas.

I like the idea of painting my toes red. I can do that. Yeah - and if I can catch Pootie - still running from me praying to the Dogs that I don't strap that one antler on her head for a photo shoot? I'll paint her's and Ouixas too. Olivia aka L.C. wouldn't go for it.

OH and maybe I'll get off my diet and make some carmel popcorn balls.

witzend

We're leaving for Mexico on Monday. We'll be back the day after Christmas. We may see if we can go on standby on the way down in LAX as the flight is overbooked. If so, some of you might get a tweet or a call!

TerryJ2

Ohhh, great ideas here! I want a neck massager!
I think I'll skip the read hair dye, lol.
If Olivia is a black Scottie dog, I'll get her for my husband.

My s-i-l, the one who was a VP at Continental, is semi-retired, but can still purchase tickets for the family to travel. So we are flying to Calif to see her, my brother, and their family, Dec. 26, returning home on the 31st. First class. Champagne. I checked our seat assignments and the kids don't have seats yet and for some reason, it says, "Check back later." The only ones left are in the rear.
:) Alone. A book. Soft seat with-legroom. Champagne.
Okay, never mind that I get airsick, no matter what. I can dream, can't I?

trinityroyal

I am making time to go for a run every morning, to shake off the stresses of work and the in-law nonsense that seems more than usually prominent this year. AND so that I can overindulge a bit in the Christmas sweets without completely losing control.

I am playing disco music really loudly and dancing around the living room while I decorate the tree. husband seems entertained rather than annoyed, so I know I'm not harshing his Christmas mellow.

I put my hand-carved Moose out among the Christmas decorations. Not traditional, or even Christmassy, but he's simply adorable and I like him.

I'm not doing ANY Christmas baking this year. If someone wants gingerbread or rum cake, they can fend for themselves this time.

I like Trinity's idea of playing music really loud and dancing around the living room! I would do that if my family weren't here, they already think I'm nuts! For me- I'm hoping I have time to vaccum out my car, and I may enjoy some wine. hooray.

DS3

I'm going to cook the food, but other then that, it doesn't seem like anyone is coming over, so we shall probably take it easy and do some gaming. Maybe watch a video with the family. Just as long as it's relaxing, it shall be a good day. The 26th, I'm going shopping. My favorite day to go!

DammitJanet

Oh lisa...that mastiff/boxer would be adorable! Remember maggie...the puppy my neighbor shot? She was a mastiff/boxer cross. She was beautiful. She was black brown stripes.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
The red hair? Is more burgundy. husband helped me... I now have leopard hair. Burgundy with blonde spots.

Getting another kit for touch up tonight... :sigh: