what are you reading now?

ScentofCedar

Just finished or finishing The Other Boleyn Girl, The Constant Princess, The Boleyn Inheritance (all about Henry the VIII, the women he married, and the events that resulted in their deaths and all by Phillippa Gregory). Have one on Katherine of Aragon by Anya Seton to read, next.

I liked The Power of Now but have been very disappointed in Eckhardt Tolle's latest efforts.

Best new author (to me): Tim Willocks ~ The Religion (Historical fiction)

Currently also reading Against Happiness by Eric Wilson. Very interesting book addressing how and whether medicating for depression may have affected, not only creativity, but how these medications may have turned our attention away from addressing problem areas in our lives before they became overwhelming.

Interesting thing to think about.

The Black Swan by Nassim Talel. Haven't done more than skim the jacket on this one. Seems to be about how we are hardwired to think and what we miss seeing because of it.

The Book of General Ignorance by Mitchins. Very interesting and well-written book filled with stories surrounding many of the things we all think are true, but turn out not to be.

Barbara

Estherfromjerusalem

Star, I think we are all reading that book together at the same time! I think we read it with our eyes closed, and with every breath we take.

Muttmeister, I read "The Painted Bird" quite a lot of years ago. I still have it on my bookshelf. Thanks anyway.

Love, Esther

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I finished "made in the USA" today, took me longer then I thought, thanks to difficult child's, of course!

I would like to re-read "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" that book really stirred me emotionally.

I also have the 2nd and 3rd Erragon Books (due in Sept) to read and I would like the read the new Star Wars book "The Clone Wars" I confess I am a Star Wars fanatic sense the age of 8! I even was Princess Leia for Halloween like 5 times!!!

Last edited:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm listening to Terra Incognita (2nd in a series) by Ruth Downie ~ almost finished with that one then moving on to A Lush Life by Richard Price.

Love the first, looking forward to starting the next. I recently downloaded JD Robb's latest book & will finish that one likely before my next downloads are ready.