What Are You Reading Now?

N

Nomad

1Day at a Time...
thank you for mentioning the Shel S. book...just bought that for someone speciall...it's perfect!
I like this book called "Fit from Within" I read it periodically and have given it to friends.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OK... At the beginning of the thread I started to feel a little flighty for my reading choices! But lots of you saved me from that. I'm awful for reading multiple books simultaneously. I have one at work, one in the car (NOT WHILE DRIVING!), one on my night stand and one in the living room. So... I am actually reading "Deceptions" by Michael Weaver, which is a mob-FBI-murder mystery, and I've been at it for weeks as it's terrible but keeps me occupied while I eat lunch. Then there's "Voyager" by Diana Gabaldon, at home. Re-reading the Outlander series so I will be prepared if her next book comes out this fall (I only have this one, and three more to go to be caught up). On my night stand is "Toxic Parents", and in my car is "Abused Men". (The last one, difficult child 1 picked up at the library and said that I absolutely HAD to check it out for husband. But I read faster...) So I guess my list isn't just fluff, but it sure feels like it!

Six months ago I was cycling through the "Twilight" series by Stephenie Meyer. I bring this up because of difficult child 1. She insisted I read it so I finally caved. I never, and I mean never, re-read a book/series immediately after I am done. This time, though, I did. With other books in between, but by the time that movie came out in November I'd read the series (4 HEAVY books) 14 times. Then the movie, which was perfectly awful. I quit reading them. The DVD came out this past weekend, and difficult child 1 got to go to Hot Topic at midnight to get her copy - so Saturday, I watched it with her, then last night again with my book club. With perspective it's not so bad, but still hoovers. OK, I'm into another thread... I think I'll go start that one.