What can I do

Wiped Out

Staff member
for a friend of mine that is going through an incredibly rough time right now. Her husband has left her (an affair) and she is devastated. She is my best friend and I'm godmother to her son. It hurts to see her so hurt. I would like to do something nice for her but don't have a lot of money. Any ideas?

Else, if you are close with her this way, invite her over for a "spa day".

Give her a facial (does not have to be anything over the top, it just sometimes feels good to be pampered and have someone else wash your face and apply lotion), manicure, pedicure (unless you have a foot thing), all the while have some nice scented candles going. If you feel confident, put makeup on her. This will give you guys a chance to talk, give her a chance to cry, and give you a chance to show her how beautiful she is.

klmno

I like the idea of just spending a little time with her- if she wants to talk, fine, eat lunch, whatever. Just some time to get her mind off everything, let her know she's not alone, and that she is still a "worthwhile" person. If her son is at an age where he still needs watched, maybe try to accommodate that too- he ccould come also and have a movie for him to watch in a nearby room or something. If it is in your budget, maybe a gift certificate or "girl's day out" shopping for something for her. Invite her to an event if you go to a club or church or other type of thing- a free museum or something. Just by what you posted, my guess is letting her know that you care for her and want to be there for her would go a long way!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I agree with the others, all good ideas.

Spending some good quality time with her, giving her a should when she needs it or a good laugh will be invaluable. It's so hard to watch someone we care about be hurt so terribly.

I would imagine even a pint of her fav ice cream and a rented "chick flick" or fav movie would be something to cheer her up.

F

flutterbee

Daisylover said:
I would imagine even a pint of her fav ice cream and a rented "chick flick" or fav movie would be something to cheer her up.

That has my vote. It's the little things that really make a difference.

klmno

Just another thought- if she lives near you, maybe getting in a routine of taking a short daily walk through the neighborhood or something like that - that could give her something to look forward to on a more regular basis while she's adjusting to all this.

She is lucky to have a good friend like you that cares this much...

meowbunny

Just be there for her. Call her, let her vent, truly listen to what she is saying. Find time to spend with her doing whatever.

Ice cream and a chick flick is a great idea.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon,

I like a lot of the ideas you've been given. I'm just here to remind you that you can be stretched just so thin.....remember to take care of you.

Having said that & given that she is such a close person to your family, how about including her in a family meal a couple of times a month if it doesn't disrupt your routine too much. (Again I'm looking out for you & yours.) I know that when my mom died, my sister started having my dad over for dinner every Monday evening. It's become a well enjoyed ritual (dad always makes dessert to bring) & something everyone anticipates greatly.

You're a good friend.

babybear

I agree!! and Steel Magnolias is the absolute best therapy movie ever.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Take her to a batting cage -

When i found out about my x's 1st affair I wanted to beat something. -

Now trees fear me as I had no money for ball practice.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the ideas! Now I have plenty to choose from!

Linda-I appreciate your looking out for me!

Star-I'm ROFL about the trees fearing you!