What can you not live without

LittleDudesMom

this Thanksgiving? For those of us here to get our bodies healthier, what food that you normally wouldn't eat do you just have to have this Thanksgiving? :thanksgiving11:

For me, it's stuffing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love it. I haven't been eating a whole lot of bread the past year, and I am looking forward to the plurge. I will be hitting the gym tomorrow morning at 6 am (easy child is teaching), Fri morning, Sat for easy child's class, and Sunday afternoon for easy child's class. I'm going to work out those four days to work off the stuffing! I heard on the Today Show the other day that you have to walk for 90 minutes for one cup of stuffing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thanksgiving1:

What about you? Anything you are just going to eat regardless? Anything you will have a hard time eating just a little of?

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
The stuffing is what I can't resist as well! I just love the stuff (pun intended)! Also this year my niece is making some kind of a cheese cake-I love cheese cake but plan to eat very little of it. My new medication seems to be adding weight already-which means I have to be very careful. (I may not end up staying on this if the weight gain continues).

Hitting the gym tomorrow is a good thing-good for you. I used to do that every Thanksgiving. Tomorrow I have to have my turkey in the oven very early-I think by 9 so I'm not sure with all of our guests and that I can sneak away but I might try!

M

ML

The leftover turkey sandwiches with lots of mayo, cranberries and stuffling on them. Yum!

trinityroyal

I'm figure that big holiday meals are worth a splurge. The key is planning, so that you have "room" for it, if that makes any sense.

I try to stay off the snacks for a while beforehand, so that I have a little bit of wiggle room when it comes to the big slap-up dinner.

As for what I can't live without...
My mother in law makes the most amazing stuffing. She cooks half of it in the bird, and the other half just baked in the pan. All of the family fights over the pan-baked stuffing. Since I prefer the other kind, I usually get to eat most of it. YUM. My brother in law's gravy is another thing.

Canadian Thanksgiving was weeks and weeks ago, and I've run out of leftovers...you're all making me hungry.

Trinity

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have to go with the stuffing and dessert (Sweet Potato Pie with whipped cream). Yeah, those two are it. It never occurred to me to hit up the gym, but thanks for the idea. I think I will do that in the early AM since my turkey breast won't have to go into the oven till midday.

Oh.... I've already decided that I'll indulge in my favorite wine. husband also brought home a pumpkin cheesecake from the Chessecake Factory restaurant. I may have a taste of that!! I have a terrible cold that seems to have gotten the better of me, so I cannot taste or smell a thing. That may be a good thing, then I won't be tempted.

Lots of low-cal things on my menu: chunky cranberry applesauce made in the slow cooker, fresh fruit tray, fresh veggie tray, shrimp cocktail, bruchetta, low-fat ceasar salad (dressing)

Alyssa