What Disturbs your sleep (difficult child's not counted)

H

HaoZi

Maybe worry is part of my insomnia. Or else gives me something to do when I can't sleep. Things that don't bother me too much in daylight hours can have me worried to death in the dark. Wake up in the middle of the night and worry. Try to go to sleep and worry. I worry at my worries.

DDD

The dog....he now goes to sleep early (no, we can't keep him up because once he's zzzing he's dead to the world) which means that he wants to go out at 4 am with occasional potty breaks at 2 am. Good Grief! Finally I have an empty nest and the dog no longer has the company of a friendly alcoholic.......result, he's turned into a canine difficult child.

On a more serious note I do well most nights but if I start thinking about the boys..my sleep is sporatic at best. Sounds like I have alot of company in the CD family. DDD

K

Kjs

I sleep very little, even with sleep medication. I work night shift half the week and commute 1.5 hours or more each way (depending on the stop and go traffic cold be an additional hour). When I get home I am all worked up from the drive. Try to sleep. Usually get in about 3 hours. Then on the four days off I am tired at night, but again it is only 3 hours IF that. Then I toss and turn and husband starts snoring so I just get up. I am so tired. I want a day job.

Marguerite

Another noise we have - possums. Ours are I think bigger than the US opossum, but they make the same sort of sounds. And when they leap from a tree and land on the roof - well, we named our resident possum "Twinkletoes"! Right no there are territorial fights going on, and our roof is the battleground... But they are cute when they bring their babies around for a piece of fresh mango.

Marg

H

HaoZi

Possums... we had a lot of them in Florida, mostly saw them when they were roadkill. One of the things I would wake up and wonder in the wee hours was if all the cars disappeared, would the possums overpopulate?

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Dogs underneath the covers at night - One or both boys if they come home really late at night/early morning - I don't hear them but the dogs do the they all start fussin under the covers, SO starts huffing and puffing and I am awake. Or if the dogs know SO has brought home a new box of dog bones, Maggs always has the 3:00 A.M. munchies. Me like a dummy always get up and think she has to go out - I head towards the door in the den, and will turn around to see her sitting in front of the fridge looking up at the container. She goes promptly back to bed but I gotta stand there and wait for her to finish it.

Marcie

J

joneshockey

Cats fighting over who gets to sleep in our bed, Dog needing to out outside in the midle of the night, B1 or B2 crawling into bed with us and hoging the bed, finance issues, but the #1 reason for me not getting sleep at night is the new baby on the way... the constant having to use the bathroom all night or he/she's movement all night long. Some nights it feels like he/she is gong to jump right out of my belly!

P

Pdunderhill

The cats Billy and Basil having an argument at 3:00 am, Jake ,young babe next door, going through teething, Heathrow Airport and maybe like everyone else money...
Peter

TerryJ2

Very interesting!
We have something like that but I have no idea what it is, and luckily, it starts its song just b4 sunrise.

What else keeps me awake? Sciatica. Going on 4 wks now. Averaging 4 hrs a night, getting up to stretch and ice, then 2-3 more hrs and up to get difficult child to school.