What do you do to get your mind off problems?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Just finished a major remodel here ~ wish you had been around. I'm looking for an old roll top desk however I assume shipping costs would double/triple the cost of what I can afford.

I play piano, I sketch, draw (pencil, ink & colored pencil), paint in watercolor. I'd like to add in pastels soon.

Reading is more bothersome of late but like Loth I listen to audio books while I'm doing my artwork.

Let's not forget the many appts for the tweedles - wait we're talking of relaxing. Then I'll join Star in that hippo thing.

Love to garden.

Love to golf however that is problematic of late.

Cook & bake.

Bird sanctuary in my back yard - love watching birds like 3Shadows.

Did I mention piano & music ~ I'm working hard to get back my playing skills.

I no longer look in the mirror or weigh myself. :D

I doodle during tweedle meetings. ;)

TPaul

Idecor8
Three shadows said,
I'm happy that you have a creative outlet. We have all types of interesting things here but are totally incapable of figuring out the decorating part! Doesn't every one need a blunderbuss, jacobean furniture, swords, dueling pistols, an 1820's tiger maple bed from NH (with the original tester)? Nothing fits together because it's all from different periods.

Putting on creative cap...hmmmm:smug:

Well with a blunderbus, jaobean furniture and swords, with dueling pistols and a tiger maple bed, is sounds like you are surely leaning toward a old English style, :queen:

You do have a unique mix of things, that I can see looking really great in a library like setting with a mix of great old books, some nautical elements and maybe even a few old floor rugs scattered about. If you have a fireplace you have got to have the dueling pistols above it with a nice family like crest thrown into the mix.

I am a very good thrifty shopper. We made the choice for my wife not to work until all the kids where in school, because for so many years due to my physical problems I would be unable to take care of them. We made do for a long while on my disability income. I hunted every thrift store, garage sale, bargain bin, even a few dumpster dives, lol lol to find our treasures. Even with not a lot of money one can work a little decorating magic for any home.

Ok, off with the decorating hat for how,
T. Paul

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Dumpster diving???

OMG!!! There is nothing more fun than dumpster diving!!!! :D :D :D

You would be appalled at what people throw out simply cuz they can't be bothered to donate.......or don't know what to do with the stuff!!!

I'm tickled I don't have to put my old couch at the curb. 1. cuz I don't have to carry it down there and 2. cuz I knew it wouldn't be there long enough for the trash men to pick it up anyway. It needs shampooed really bad, has a teeny hole or 2 from when Betsy was a baby and teething.......but it's still in pretty darn good shape.

A friend asked to buy it from me. I'm just giving it to her. win/win. :)

TPaul

Idecor8
Yes, people can not imagine what curb shopping or dumpster diving can net you. I have found very high dollar items that people would not believe!! Perfectly good high dollar antique furniture, sets of china, old oriental rugs, vintage light fixtures, cut glass, etc.....

One man's trash is another man's treasure is surely real!!! Even see this on HG-TV ( i have seen all the shows and most of the re-runs) they focus on this and have segments to show things off. God I love it!!!!

High ho, high ho, to the curb or dumpster I go!!!:alien:

T.Paul

Abbey

Spork Queen
My daughter and her friends turned me on to dumpster diving. They know the exact time to go searching, mostly when college kids go home.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - Dude is a 2nd generation Dumpster Diver - he calls himself a Dumpster Munchkin - lol.

'Chelle

When I want to forget about it all I read, then after a while I read, maybe tend my farm on Farmville, then read some more, then read in a hot bubble bath and hit the bed.

Hmmmm did I mention I read?

Drives my husband crazy because when I'm reading I totally zone out - pretty much don't hear anything around me. Makes for good stress relief LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Okkkkkkkkkk I think I'd think twice about making one a pool. lol ewwww

Star that tiger feeding stuff is what Nichole wants to do for a living. lol Can you see all 4 ft 10 of her trying to do that. ;)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Then today - they sent me to the bat house.......The bat's name is Amber. Isn't she groovy? What a stress reliever. Lots easier than bottle feeding the tiger and certainly less worrisome than scrubbing an elephant. FYI - elephants, while lovely have an odor and their hair is like....wire.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
What problems? Mine are all gone just watching you scrub that little bat Star*.
Give it a Mango and she is all good to go.
Thanks for making my day Perfecto'!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I take my Prickly Dogfish Shark for a drag.......

Kids this is reeeeeeally a cool shark -and there are a few other very rare sharks here too....check it out....

But MOSTLY - I just come here and hang out wit youze guyz.....

Read
Go to the gym
drink wine
come here
sing and dance around in my house to some good music-(when nobody is home)

crazymama30

Excercise, without it I would be completely nutty, not just partially nutty!

Journal. For me I have to get it all out, and if anyone ever finds it and reads it I will have to kill them. Mua ha ha ha!

Work. I am with wiped out. I can forget about husband and difficult child while I am at work. The hardest time for me was this last summer after I had my tubes tied and I was home and on forced down time. No excercise. I was a mess by the time it was done.

Drink. If I am really stressed I will have a couple beers or make a drink. Have to be careful with this one as alcoholism runs on both sides of my family.

trinityroyal

Dance. Mostly Latin, but the other day I dredged up my tap shoes and drove poor husband crazy for a 1/2 hour.

Clean. Instant gratification because even if you only do a corner you can see results right away, no deadlines, and I can drop whatever I'm doing in the middle of it, if sundry and various kidwinks need tending to.

Read. 'Nuff said.

Cook. Slowly working my way through the freezer and playing with recipes.

Walk. There's a beautiful park and ravine right behind my house. Not too stroller-friendly, but that makes for a workout.

Eat ice cream.

Come here.

Make crafts. Silly ones that a 5 year old might be proud of. Right now, Little easy child and I are in the midst of The Great Bookmark Project. Construction paper, glue stick, markers and stickers. We're having a contest to see who can make more bookmarks. So far, I'm winning ;-)

Sing. Loudly and badly. Sometimes making up words as I go along. Often in the car. The children hate this, especially when the weather's nice enough to keep the windows down and other drivers can hear me.

Run.

Eat chocolate.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
When Rob was living at home and I was still married I did a lot of decorative painting and sold it. I also did some custom work. That gave me a creative outlet, instant gratification, and it was FUN.

Now that I'm on my own if I feel stress I pour myself a glass of red wine, watch reality shows, putter around the house, cook meals that I can freeze in single servings, play with the dogs, etc.

Suz

Abbey

Spork Queen
I took my neighbor's 2 weiner dogs to the vet today as she doesn't walk. That was an adventure. Does that count? Two 10lb. dogs dragging me across the parking lot and mauling me why I was driving. Then, upon leaving, I am approached with an unleashed HUGE mutt dog that wants to play. Ummm...no.

So, in the end, it did get my mind of off problems. It just gave me new ones. :D

Abbey

witzend

Crossword puzzles, soduko puzzles, gardening, choose a project and go with it, even if it's just the laundry - something to make order of my life, plan husband's next home improvement project...