What do you think should happen to young terrorist in custody. Be nice!!!

BusynMember

No bashing each other's opinions or getting gory.

I actually think if he goes to trial and has to sit in jail (solitary) and is not made a martyr, it would hurt him more.

On the other hand, any justice served, I will support. This is just in no way unacceptable. It was in my opinion a crime against our country.

TerryJ2

Mandatory listening in on counseling sessions and PT sessions with-his victims to hear their changes and anguish. Assuming he has a heart and it will hurt him.
Otherwise, solitary. Definitely, nothing to make him a martyr.
Not sure if the death penalty will make him a martyr.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Death penalty or not.......he's a martyr in the eyes of extremist everywhere.

Firing squad, live tv.

That is me being nice. There was a reason old methods of handling such things were swift and brutal, and it was effective.

You don't want to know my not nice solution........uh....punishment.

That said, I still don't think they have all the facts...........or all the individuals involved. I remember too well the Boston police saying they disarmed five other bombs. Now I want someone to explain to me how 2 guys carted around 7 bombs in back packs..........not counting the one for the JFK library (yes, I know they changed that story but it was the cops saying it was a bomb, not the press at first). They are bulky and they are heavy. No way in hades. There were others involved.

BusynMember

Well, the Russians warned us about these kids, but somehow we didn't take it seriously enough. That we know.

I have not an ounce of pity for this kid. Whatever they do to him, they do and I support my country in this. But I want us to do the thing that will least make him holy to other terrorists.

I wonder what will happen to the first brother's widow...she is implicated...and the others involved. I am very upset that this happened.

I do think we have to start being a lot more careful about who is allowed into our country. Seems young college aged males are the biggest risks. Yet we keep allowing them into our schools.

InsaneCdn

Seems young college aged males are the biggest risks. Yet we keep allowing them into our schools.

Read more: http://www.conductdisorders.com/for...g-terrorist-custody-nice-53737/#ixzz2Srnsgvhu

The fastest way to make friends is to educate their kids. So... Canada is like the US in this regard. We bring in and educate all sorts of foreign kids, too. But... MOST of these are here as foreign students. They fully expect to return home and apply their education for the good of their country. And we have very few problems with them.

These two... were not foreign students. They were refugee-class immigrants. Came with their parents - who have since left back to the old country, leaving the two boys behind. The youngest was/is a naturalized US citizen.

I wouldn't want to see the elimination of foreign students. That will just make the western world more of a target. And we can't really shut down the refugee system either, nor immigration in general.

Angry young males... exist as part of your culture, and as part of our culture. We are going to have more angry young males. The "system" isn't working for our young people... the whole expectation of working hard, getting an education, getting a good job, being "ordinary middle-class citizens"... is becoming a pipe dream. Solving the real problems ... well... it is the only real answer, but nobody has answers.

Not that I in any way condone what was done. There is no reason, there is no logic. Angry young males don't need reason or logic... they just need a serious lack of hope... and anger that turns outward instead of inward (it can go either way).

tiredmommy

I put this young man in the same class as Timothy McVeigh (The OK City Bomber) who grew up not far from here. I think, though, that the government needs to do everything possible to insure a fair trial for him so that he is not martyred as a scapegoat to this crime. I don't generally believe in the death penalty (simply because so many have been wrongly convicted in the past) but I do believe he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Jody

I only have to see the picture of him smirking in one of the photos right after the bomb went off to make me want the death penalty and then to never hear his name again. I think the death penalty that we have for him is actually too humane when I think of the ways these people he killed and harmed have had to suffer. But then my own personal religious issues come into play and I am confused on that feeling for a moment. But just for a moment.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am an Okie by choice and I think they should do to this guy what many of us in OK wanted them to do with McVeigh. Tell the press when they will release him and drop him off in the town square and let us take care of him. He would not have gotten two blocks and that is well before we had teh open carry laws.

As far as making him a martyr, well, too late. In his own eyes, he is. In many areas, he is. My town in OK has probably more different cultures than some large cities, and a higher percentage of foreign students and their families than most areas of the country. Our university is very well known for the vet school and also for the College of Agriculture. We have amazing professionals who work with and in other countries all over the world to help with research and solving problems like creating drought resistant crops and using the natural flora and fauna to help make those crops prosper. We are more well known out of this country than inside it. Most who come here truly want to learn and they will speak out against those who come here pretending to want to learn. We are the odd little oasis in OK for many cultures and from what I know, those who want to hurt people in the US are generally NOT the ones who get here to study at our schools.

To solve this problem we NEED to reach out to SHARE with other countries, meaning not to push any beliefs on anyone but instead to learn about them and teach them about us. Done with respect, we can help end the violence. Sadly, there are MANY who simply cannot see past their own prejudices.

As for what to realistically do with this terrorist? Let the military handle him. He is NOT a citizen but an enemy combatant and he needs to be dealt wtih as such. I do believe in humane treatment, but I don't think that necessarily needs to be in the regular criminal justice system. Sadly he will get the constitutional rights that he is not due as he is NOT a citizen and is an enemy of our country, as are the others who worked iwth him.

I wish there was a magic solution, but there isn't. Until we are able to all reach out in peace and see that those who have different beliefs are not evil, well, this won't stop. Hopefully our children and their children can use the technology that is making the planet a much smaller place to bring peace and end the wars and violence.

Of course they did not drop McVeigh off in the middle of town, and they won't do that with this guy. I can say that there were HUNDREDS of people who sincerely wanted that to happen though.

Lucedaleblessed

I hope that he is convicted to the full extent of the law and that he will spend so many years in prison so I will not be around to read when he dies. I hope that the media will stop ever writing about him when he is sentenced. He doesn't deserve one line in a newspaper. He ended innocent lives and altered the lives of a lot of people forcing them to live another life than the one they have planned for.

BusynMember

Sus, most people are good. Some people will never believe that we aren't evil and will still do things like the Boston terrorists. Reaching out would not have changed these young men...they were brainwashed. Obviously I believe we should have human hearts towards all beliefs and cultures. I don't consider terrorists part of any culture's mainstream.

Your town sounds really cool!