• Chocolate

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • None of these

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
May I have more than one choice?

I pick 1 & 2.................AND Leftovers! I'm having a ham sandwich right now that I'd not be eating if it weren't for the holiday. LOL (I'll pay for it in the morning when I have issues breathing......but it's worth it)

It means love, just spending the day with my family and tomorrow visiting other family members. I love watching the little ones hunt for eggs, and love putting them togehter and making the baskets. This year, everyone is getting a gift bag with favorite candy, small, but it's not really about that. I just got home from church.....my brother in law had gotten baptized and he invited us. I think I have only been inside a church 5 times in my life, so no religion involved for us for Easter. I made my big ham dinner on Friday and husband is enjoying leftovers. It's a lot of work usually, but avoided this year and just enjoying the weekend. I hope everyone has the holiday they want, or at least some peace and love your way. Hugs to all! Happy Easter or Passover!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I celebrate Easter because I was raised celebrating it. It's a joyful celebration of renewal and life, I really love that!

Primarily, however, I celebrate the Spring equinox, or, Ostara, which is essentially the original celebration of renewal and life. This is where spring cleaning came into play! You clean out the old, dusty debris of fall and winter, creating space for new healthy growth and renewal. It's a lovely time of year, no matter how you celebrate it!

keista

I clicked renewal and chocolate (yes, it let me pick two) Basically, chocolate rocks. Secondly Easter always marks a renewal for me personally. The winter doldrums always seem to end right after Easter, and although they haven't been too bad since I moved to Florida, this past year and especially the last month have been absolutely wicked for me. I'm looking forward to better days ahead.

by the way the girls are going to be upset because I dont' have eggs for an egg hunt this year. just don't know where they went and I didn't buy more because I was sure I had them in storage. Oh well. We've got LOTS of chocolate.

donna723

Although I haven't been to services in many years, I was raised in the church and still think of Easter in its' religious context. I really did love it when the kids were little and I enjoyed watching all the fun they had getting their baskets and hunting for eggs. But mainly it's a religious holiday. And I know that chocolate bunnies and eggs and jelly beans don't have anything to do with the real meaning of Easter, but I don't remember ever being confused about it as a kid. We went to church and Sunday school and we knew what Easter was really all about but we still enjoyed the bunny myth, the Easter baskets and hunting for eggs.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
For me it's changed over the years. As a child, I got dressed up with a pretty girlie hat and white gloves and we all went to church to celebrate. I understood the religious meaning well. The Easter Bunny came and delivered the goodies and that was fun for us. As a young Mom and when my granddaughter was little was the very best time, to be a part of their joy and enthusiasm waiting for the delivery of their Easter goodies by that bunny again. Today I bought my granddaughter an egg shaped light green plate which I put chocolate eggs and candies on it, something a 16 year old might appreciate (and later she can put her jewelry or hair items on it) Now, it's really a day to be with family. A day to celebrate spring, renewal, the birth of the season of everything blossoming and growing. It is a time of renewal for me too, especially this year.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I vote for all, as well. Plus it's a reason to get my kids/grandkids together in one place for a day (which can be both good and bad, but this year, it was really good :) )

mama2abc

To me, Easter is a time to celebrate my salvation. Yesterday was a big party celebrating that Jesus conquered death and with that has allowed me eternal life in heaven. It is joy, family, and a little bit of egg hunting ;-)