What does it mean? Delinquent charges from Department of Juvenile Justice

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hi,

I came here figuring that someone may have information as to what in the world this letter I got today means. It's from Department of Juvenile Justice and it says that I need to get an attorney, and show up in their office.

It says 2nd degree burglary. We've already been through this with numerous bunk charges and he's been given probation, an enormous amount of community service and a ridiculous fine. WHAT in the blue he77 is this now?

Someone forgot he did a crime and so we have to go through all this again? I think I'm headed for stroke #2.

I have to bring birth certificate, social security card, my drivers license and picture ID of my son. This is crazy! I don't know if it's from the first set of charges (there were 15 in all) and the public defender told him to take the deal so he did.

Is this extra? Oh joy like sprinkles~
NOT
I'll call them tomorrow of course, but I mean!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Star

I think if it's from the set of charges he made the deal for, they can't do anything more to him. It's already been settled and the punishment doled out, right?

I dunno. I don't have any experience in this area. But they didn't have WHEN this charge was supposed to have taken place there in the letter?

Good grief.

(((hugs)))

jamrobmic

I don't know what it means, but I hope you avoid stroke #2 (I'm sure you do, too). Is he still on probation? Could they be taking him back to court for violating probation? I wouldn't think they would be charging him now for something that's already been dealt with, but the juvenile system has its own rules, as I'm sure you're already aware. The first time I went to court with my son, they kept talking about an offense that would be a crime if he were an adult. I was freaking out, because he was charged with truancy, and I had asked them to bring the charges. We didn't find out until three weeks later, when we got a letter in the mail, they had also charged him with lying to a police officer.

I hope there's a simple explanation and this isn't something new you/he have to deal with.

DammitJanet

Stardude is now 17 right? Doesnt SC have the over 16 and they can be charged as adults statute like NC or are they still in the everyone under 18 is juvy? Reason Im asking is this could clue you in to when the crime so to speak may have happened.

This could also be a case of Stardude got caught and convicted or pled out to X many counts of whatever. Punishment was invoked for those crimes. At a later time the Department of Juvenile Justice finds out he also was involved in this 2nd degree burglary. Could be a totally separate burglary.

See...Cory stole gas from a gas station. Got caught. got convicted. Then got stupid and stole gas again...from the same dang place! More charges...more convictions. Stupid!

2 separate cases.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I called Stardude last night and asked him if there was anything he wanted to tell us. He said no and he's not in violation of any probation and once he was out of jail he was home with us and did not go ANYWHERE.

He got very upset about it as he has no desire to go back to any jail in any way. Yes, SC has 16 is adult and he was facing burglary, conspiracy to commit and something else, but the boys he was with interestingly enough (And according to EVERYONE) not my business but they had already been convicted of crimes the year before 3 burglaries (same thing) and since it was their first time (being caught) they got probation. They never offered my son that deal even though this was HIS first time- he went to jail first, was in the longest and got the highest fines even though he was charged as a juvenile.

Me thinks I smell a rat of some sort and I'm not the kind to throw stones, but a condition of my sons probation is to not go anywhere near the other kids or to their houses. Same for them and the other day the kid who masterminded the entire thing who was supposed to have been given juvenile "life" age 13-21, was at my door asking for HIS bicycle. Short memory - he came and got that the day my son was taken to jail. We gave it to him and now he was back thinking that he could "get" my sons bike. DF dealt with him. I didn't even get a chance to tell him not to come back. It just makes me wonder if he got "out" by telling more lies on my son and this is a result of it? I've left that family alone, even when I knew they lied to the police and lied to me, I never squealed I was concerned with my son.

Certainly got messed up with 2 families that have no moral values and I thought the pen would be mightier than the sword. SC police reward the liars - we're living proof of that. The detective lied to us when he said the first kid to tell the truth would get an easier sentence and his support. BS he never even showed up in court. And he told us that he would see that our son got probation ? Yes, he got probation alright...but not the kind like he gave the other 2 boys their first time for the exact same thing. OH and by doing another crime? They both violated their probation, but no one mentioned that - they even lied to the judge and told him that NEITHER of their sons had ever been in trouble with the law. They spat on the cop when he came to the house, and called him names. NOW I understand why. I won't see anything or help again either. The system here is not for the ones that are kind to officers it protects the liars who don't say anything or don't see anything.

Vent done. Thanks for listening. But I am serious about the next time I'm involved with law-dogs...my mouth will be so shut you won't believe it is me. I didn't see a THING!

I dunno what kind of fresh he77 this is. Saying a prayer.

Thanks
Star

DDD

One of my biggest disappointments in life was finding that lies
are told to juveniles AND their parents on a daily basis. It is
not a SC problem. It is a USA problem and the people who live
easy child lives just don't "get it". The prevarications only get more
blatant in the adult system. Sending a hug. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
thanks all.....I HAVE to go Monday. No one knows a thing. Not even the cop that did the original arresting. Like I believe ANYTHING that jerk has to say. Liar! His credibility with my family is shot.

And even the head of Department of Juvenile Justice here had no clue what this was. Isn't that great she's to interview me and still doesn't know what is going on. Nice huh? She may be a liar too.

Perhaps I'll have to hide my son in a hole while everyone sorts out the he saids so he won't have to sit in jail needlessly. AGAIN.

Thanks for listening.
Star

The juvenile system? System of a down = hahaha

DDD

I'm listening AND I'm caring. I'm also darn sorry that you have
to spend X days worrying due to prevarications or ineptitudes!!
DDD

Estherfromjerusalem

Dearest Star,

I don't understand your USA system at all.

But I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you, and sending you a really good strong cyber hug.

Love, Esther

DDD

Starbie, is everything OK. I've been looking for an update and
the lack thereof is making me anxious. Please let us know when
you can. DDD