What happens when one ADHD person asks another for help?

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Nothing gets done.

My den, living room, side yard looks like an office supply place. Stuff everywhere. Phone guys came yesterday to install the lines - had to put the dogs up - It took them 6 hours and the two in my room who were bored and decided to play with the garbage, dig in the laundry, and ate SO's junk food he keeps stored by the side of his bed - one in the garage, who I forgot is big enough to get at the container of bones on the dryer at them ALL and is sick, Dans dog in the bathroom who isn't bored, but wants out and figures if she pulls up the lineolum floor, there may be an exit.

I am so unfocused and stressed out by all of this "stuff" absolutely everywhere, am now beyond functioning. So I call Danny to get up and take down the big honking computer desk thats in the living room so I can get my office desk in. He wants the desk - fine - just please start taking it apart so I can get my desk in and get my computer up - I have eaked out a space so he can move it.

So hes breaking it down and I decide to put the kitchen stuff from the office in the kitchen. Get carried away and am now starting to clean out the kitchen cabinets so I can arrange "stuff". Pull myself up mumbling to myself "stay on task" and notice Dan is no longer in the living room but the desk is all apart on the floor still. And I notice all this "stuff" in the dining room which was all clean. I storm up the hallway which was clean and now has "stuff" he is comming out with more "stuff" cause he is now cleaning and rearranging HIS room so he can get the desk in. Hello...you were to be helping me. Yeah mom, but you were cleaning the kitchen..sigh

During all this madness I am working- people calling on my cell and all of their "stuff" I need to do for them is in a box - somewhere. Ever notice how difficult it is to hold a cell phone on your shoulder to talk when you are frantically digging thru boxes..

I am so never ever ever moving an office again - Its the third and last time..

Marcie

meowbunny

Bet you said the exact same thing the last two times you moved the office, too.

It may take you longer than to get it all together but get it together you will.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Doesn't sound fun Marcie.
My husband and difficult child are pretty scattered with home type chores. I have to be very specific about what needs to be done and by when. If I give husband a timeline he does fine. difficult child is very much like your D. He starts stuff and doesn't finish or clean up behind himself. Drives me nuts.

I don't know how to help you. I'm so task oriented that it's hard to imagine how you and my husband function. Although husband functions very well in his world. Just not in the house. I, on the otherhand don't have a lot of flexibility like you do. It's a plus/minus sort of issue.

I didn't know you were moving your office home. Hope all is well.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: I can SOOOO relate to that scenario! And it's SO much harder when you've go other people's stuff confusing the landscape. I don't think I have ADHD, but I can tell you my life was much more organized when I didn't have four other people and their detritus piled up around me!

Hope everyone's recovered from the chaos soon, including the doggies! :)

TerryJ2

EWww. I do NOT envy you.
And I hate trying to hold a cell phone to my shoulder/ear.
I hope it's all organized and clean soon, for your sake!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Marcie, your description made me smile. You are such a good writer that I really can picture it. I wish I could help you. I love to organize things and TOSS stuff. ;)

Hugs,
Suz

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ummm...are you sure you are not my inlaws? My gosh. They have more stuff than you can possibly imagine in that house. I've been kitty sitting and it's just overwhelming. There is not one inch of that house that doesn't have some sort of trinket in it. I would go batty.

Abbey

trinityroyal

Marcie, I was with you every step of the way. YMy ADHD brain completely understands.

Sorry about the chaos. You WILL get sorted out.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
My space is totally in order - files put away- in fact, I was up at 3:30 this morning working away (better than when I am usually up at 3:30 playing games on the computer)

I had it all done by last evening, however, I totally forgot the one last thing to be moved was the bird Little Bit. Had to rearrange the furniture all over again - he is sitting on top of my file cabinet however, my JR was relentless in trying to get at him and I found her more than once balancing on the edge of a chair trying to make a leap over to the cabinet. Four hours later she is still trying to make flying leaps barking away - I had to put her in the bedroom before I seriously hurt her and she barked, barked barked till we went to bed.

Den is still chaos - SO insisted he had an "office" as well so he could "help" me, and has put next to nothing away - got as far as setting up his computer and played on line all nite...sigh...side yard is still full of file cabinets - I WAS going to put them in the garage, but Mr. Dan and his friend are storing a trailer belong to the friends father in there so they can start detailing cars for a living - I wanted to claw at my face....I can't even get to the garage door to open it there is so much "stuff" in there..

And dex is moving in soon, so I have to finish emptying out the spare room which has even more **** in it from Dan rearranging HIS room. I honestly am so not going to start stuffing other rooms and the trailer needs to be gone like yesterday..sigh

I think I am going to put chains up on all entrances to my living room with signs saying No Admittance..

Marcie