What happens with public agencies get involved...

JJJ

Upallnight -- Wee's school district has already called the cops on him for having a meltdown. While they shouldn't do it, they have already proven that they will do it.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yeah, jjj beat me to it. And I need to update my sig, he just turned 9, but still. They have reported him several times under the safe schools mandate. Things have been better, but to say I'm gun-shy of new staff is a horrible understatement.
Jjj, yes, we can be separate pretty darned quick if need be. And while I don't want that to happen, I won't let that baggage pull wee down if it were to become an issue. Just like the knife...gotta draw lines somewhere.

Something is wrong, Wee shouldn't be treated like this!!! This, more than anything burns me up!!! That poor kid! -Start documenting everything they do. I have to go to work, more later.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I feel for you because I had similar scenario with DF being at home - Dude being at home an me trying to EXPLAIN in detail that JUST because a DAD was at home when he's on MAJOR pain medications - the kid is basically in charge becase the Dad person sleeps the MAJORITY of his day and does the - WELL I AM TRUSTING YOU -----UGH. So go strong for some OTHER alterior babysitter stating that husband has WORK to do around the farm and CAN NOT babysit - PERIOD. NO Way TOO DANGEROUS - whatever the case - but she needs other supervision - NOT HIM.

As far as involving them in your business? My experience has been after all said and done - THE LESS THEY KNOW THE BETTER. They have a protocal to follow and do NOT veer from it. There is no after-school special caseworker that bends the rules - Myth and a half.

Hang in there.

DDD

It seems to be the luck of the draw. Most CPS worker that I have known are well intentioned. CPS was called three times on GFGmom (not by us) and all three times they did a quick visit, accepted her explanation that the house was a mess due to her hard work schedule etc. and left. on the other hand, the calls were poor parenting calls with concerns about abuse. None were based on the kids behaviors.

Personally I am a strong proponent of keeping a journal as well as all the medical records in chronological order. If for no other purpose that to refresh your own memory. Like a Boy Scout "be prepared" but I don't think you can do any more than you are doing as an advocate for Wee. Hugs. DDD

DammitJanet

Maybe our situation was because we were already doing everything that anyone, especially CPS, could even think to be doing. I had already accessed every service ahead of them. Cory was already involved with mental health every time except that very first time and even then he was under a doctor's care.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh star no fear, wee is almost never alone with husband. Now, if hes in bed and I have to go somewhere, I'll go... But that basically leaves husband to be sure the house doesn't burn down with wee in it. He can do that.
I keep all Wee's records in a wheeled file box. Even if I don't get them all in the right notebook, everything goes into the box. And I periodically punch and file.
And I guess if worse came to worse, I have addressed my concerns about husband's parenting and his familiy's crapola to the counselor, and have told them how rarely wee stays with husband or sees the rest of his fam, and all but never without me...so maybe if I really needed it, there's my verification of that... I dunno.