What I got for Mother's Day!

Andy

This is sooooo cool:

Diva hands me a gift bag with several items in it:

1. Card from Diva, "Happy Mother's Day Mom, from your daughter......who loves you more every single day!"

2. Card from Diva Puppy, (had "To Grandma) "Me? Forget you on Mother's Day? Never! ........ You know I was brought up better than that!"

3. Three "What Mom Wants Mom Gets" coupons from Perkins

4. A VIP Perkins card for 10% off all visits until June 30th.

5. A double picture frame with single pictures of difficult child and Diva (I am going to switch out difficult child's for the 6th grade graduation picture taken for the school board)

6. A double picture frame with one picture of both difficult child and Diva holding the diva puppy and one picture of diva puppy holding a $5 bill (the one that is currently my avatar).

7. Two Scrapbook journal/sticker packages

8. A made from scratch card from difficult child with Marigold seeds on the front. The inside, "Happy Mother's Day You're the funniest, Your the coolest, You help me through the thick and thin, You're the best I wouldn't trade you for anything I Love You"

The picture frames are for at work.

So, I made it through Mother's Day with sparkling colors! My kids done real good!

Last edited:

DammitJanet

Very good!

Im a happy camper today too. It is so nice when kids get old enough you dont have to worry about them fighting anymore...lol.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Nice ladies! My girls bought me an aerogarden - you know the one you grow things indoors in pods. It is something I've always wondered about and I am so psyched to have one! I will let you know how it does. Right now I have herbs in there and can't wait to see them pop!

I wanted lemon mascarpone filled crepes so I made them myself for everyone. With fresh strawberries. Yum. And tonight we're having a bbq-hot dogs & hamburgers with kraut & chips.

H took me on a hike with the dogs and they swam in the river. It was fun, the hike was quite an exertion and it wasn't really what I wanted to do today (read: pedi/mani, read, plant flowers, watch movies) but it was a much needed day together.

everywoman

I have had a nice peaceful day. husband got me a funny card. Jana and difficult child (with husband's help) got me a pair of diamond earrings---my husband has a thing for getting me diamonds---trust me I am a costume jewelry kind of gal! We went out to Outback and pigged out and had a nice dinner. Jana then raided my closet for some outfits for work. I got a call from Pcson and grandson earlier. And several of my "other" kids have called throughout the day.

Andy

Diva told me about another card that she almost got me:

"Sorry Mom for the carp you put up with"
"Don't end the sentence with a proprosition"
"Sorry Mom for the carp you put up with.......B!+(H"

:rofl: Now that is more her attitude in real life. I am treasuring the choice she made.

KTMom91

Jo, let me know how that aerogarden works for you. I've been curious, but I have no counter space for it.

Abbey

Spork Queen
JoG...I could swear you are from WI by having kraut on Mother's Day.:tongue:

I played the duel mother in law game all day. Now I see what it is like for a kid. H had to work until early evening so that left me trying to stagger visits to 2 MILs. Both wanted to have brunch. Pulled that off, but I probably gained a good 10 pounds. Then when H got off work, both MILs wanted to have dinner. So, I ended up having 4 meals in the span of about 6 hours. If you poked a pin in me right now I'd probably explode.

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I shamefully forgot to mention that easy child wrote me another one of her heartfelt Mother's Day cards to me. She is amazing. I put my hand on my chest halfway through reading and she said, "My God, Mom, you are such a gay man!" Hahahaha - all in fun. I look forward to and cherish her notes of love and gratitude each year and she always delivers. difficult child, noticing the book her sister wrote, said, "I prefer to keep thing short and sweet - but I mean everything 'she' said too!" Hahahahaa -

It's strange because just the day before I was feeling that easy child shows no gratitude for anything anyone does for her. How's that for a kick in the head?

Abbey - I'm part Polish so I love kraut!!

KtMom - so far so good. The little pod covers are all steamed up. I tried to set the light timer to go off every night at 11PM, but I can't get it to work and I was too tired to read directions. I will try again tonight. I should see some basil in a couple of days. I really had no counter space either until H installed a box window in front. That's where it sits.

TerryJ2

Aw, that's nice, JoG. Funny about the hand!!!!
I guess you have to expect only a once-a-yr note from easy child. Once your expectations are lowered (or eliminated) she will surprise you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
It's nice to be covered in diamond dust after crawling through the mud for so many years.

YOU DESERVED IT!!!!!!

Hugs & Thanks for sharing/