What if, against all odds, I'm found guilty? I will have to move or go crazy

BusynMember

This is the bane of my fear. And for every hour I do well, this gnawing fear creeps up on me. It could be listed in the newspaper under court hearings. They do them every day. I would be so limited as to where I could go because X's bus is where I do my chores. I would be so hang dog that I'd have to move. I already told hub I'm outta here if I lose. If I don't get out of town if I lose, I may as well take up perm. residence at our p-hospital because I'm not going to be able to show my face.

Someimtes I'm fine. Sometimes I get so full of despair I don't know if I can even show up. It's really just her word against mine and she's such a good liar. Anyone have a spare bedroom???? (kidding...i wouldn't put any of you nice people through this).

buddy

Can you be found guilty in a civil case anyway? I truly believe you have nothing to worry about, but having gone thru that episode with Q/psycho....I understand the nagging worry even when you know in your head how it's probably going to go.

Try to curb the what ifs. She is paranoid and/or delusional and the official presiding has to follow the law and use facts.

DDD

You are having a hard time lately, MWM. All of us are sorry that you have this ongoing stress. Although we can try to reassure you I wonder if you shouldn't visit the therapist to help you work thru the stresses of the past couple of months. Even for adults with-o mood disorder/anxiety the burden would be heavy. Would it help you to talk with your professional? I'm so sorry I don't know the words to help. You have support here, my friend. Hugs DDD

Rabbit

You have support here too. Your lawyer thinks it will be ok so it will be. I know its hard but hang in there.

InsaneCdn

When the worry creeps in, go back and remember YOUR lawyer's reaction when he read the papers.
HE has seen way more court cases than you.

S

Signorina

Always darkest before the dawn. Don't worry. First if all, this is not a criminal complaint, no guilty or not. No worries there. Secondly, it will not be published. Finally, it is going to get thrown out. She filed a complaint, it has to have its day in court... But that day in court is NOT to be mistaken for a declaration that the complaint is valid. I bet you a million dollars it will be thrown out within a moment of your testimony. We live in the same state and my bff's ex puts her thru this rigamorole every 6 months. It never sticks. My former neighbor's ex-w also files these complaints biannually or so- against her ex and more recently against his new wife. Gets thrown out every time.

do not worry.

hugs

BusynMember

Thank you, especially Sig who lives in Wisconsin. This is the torture of having Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Tending to ruminate.

You are all great.