What I'm thankful for this year...

tiredmommy

I wanted to take a moment to reflect on what I'm thankful for this year. Through sickness, personal strife, economic uncertainty and a host of other issues that has affected us all there has been one constant that has helped me to muddle through.

You.

The good people that reach out into cyberspace to offer support, guidance and comfort to others despite their own pain. While I am truly sorry that each every one of us needs to be here, you couldn't possibly find a better group of people anywhere. Also, I sincerely doubt you could find a more caring and wonderful group of moderators anywhere. Each of these individuals give of themselves to help this site run smoothly, their contribution is immeasurable.

I want each of you to know that you are valued and you are important to someone even if we never meet face to face.

Happy Thanksgiving.

klmno

What a thoughtful post, TM! I, too am thankful for this board and everyone on it. I know none of us came here because we wanted this as a destination in life, but I have come to learn that there are a whole lot of worse places I could be!!

Along with that, I am thankful that through the advice, support, strength, wisdom, direction, experience, and understanding that I have received here, along with a few others in our "real" lives, difficult child is home today and not in juvy or dead. He is maintaining, as I am, and we are still hanging in there. Neither of us have given up hope and we have each others love and our dogs and our home and food to enjoy through the holidays. I've learned more about who to count on and who not to this past year and we've strived to find better treatment, that difficult child accepts.

Right now, this is plenty enough for me to say my graces. Without the people on this board, there is no doubt in my mind that difficult child would not be in this situation, as far as having assistance and supports and opportunity, because I would not have known that I could, much less how or have the strength, to fight these battles.

Thank you to you all!! I hope everyone here enjoys their Thanksgiving, in whatever method makes you happy, and that no one is cold or hungry or lonely....

And, thank you to all the moderators, including you TM, for the time and energy and patience to keep this board running- we need you!

Jena

Hi,

Me 2, I had started a similar thread when I sat quietly tonight playing monopoly with difficult child (whose medication has now been increased), and easy child. I thought wow where were we a year ago before I gained support from everyone here??

I am very thankful for everyone here, the insightfulness that always seem to astound me, the intelligence level and the humor surrounding it all even on the roughest days!

:)

happy thanksgiving!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Richt backatcha, TM...and Ditto everything you said. I love being here, reading everyone's thoughts, anecdotes, pleas and plans. I also love the support I receive and I see others receive.

When I first came here, like many others, it was to get some answers. What I found instead was a commonality - in all of us in so many ways. It's an awesome place to be.

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM,
Thanks and the same to you! Seriously, I'm so thankful to all of you on this board. It's hard to believe I've been here 4 years-don't know where I'd be with-out all of you! You're an amazing group that I'm proud to know!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'll agree. After a very troubling year, I'm always so glad to come back here to the friends I've made over the years.

Abbey

tiredmommy

Duckie was recently asking about this site and why I come here so frequently. Especially since the great majority of her issues have melted away. I explained that I've received so much help and guidance that I couldn't just walk away and forget about it, I needed to try to give back. She smiled and said "It's a community then" and went on to explain that sometimes people need help and sometimes people give help.

I've seen a trend recently where some of our members aren't posting simply because they feel they have nothing to offer or that they are too needy. It's sad because that is exactly when they should be posting, so that the rest of us know they need our support. It helps those like myself to be able to give back.