what is everyone doing tmrw? :)

Jena

hi!

so what are all you wonderful warrior mom's doing tmrw?? how are your difficult child's going to torture you tmrw?? ahh just joking.....

Me, let's see........ husband is planning a breakfast thing with-difficult child for me. so i gotta get up early before he leaves for work lol.

my pyscho mom invited me over there, which if easy child doesnt' show might not be sooo bad to have my stepdad barbeque for me....... yet i think we're going to stick with manicures and lunch.....

shellyd67

:mothers_day:I am not quite sure what the kids and hubby have planned ???? Usually, husband sends me on a shopping spree and he and the kids make something for dinner while I am gone ... Have a Happy Mother's Day Jena !!!

Jena

wow lovin your husband that sounds like an awesome day!! i miss husband on holidays because he has to work.

DDD

Tomorrow I will keep the phone nearby for the calls. Out of six I imagine I'll get four calls. Not bad.

Very weird thing. easy child/difficult child is leaving at 6 AM taking his first road trip. Going to Atlanta tomorrow and then on to NC for a business course lasting four days. Yeah I know he is not a chronolgical kid :imok: but it's been over five years ago when he had the brain surgery and I'm so used to seeing him every day. husband and I are hoping this trip will give him motivation for taking a few baby steps forward into maturity. We'll see.

On the simply delightful side, my husband drove to the Keys for a meeting yesterday and brought back a HUGE bag of stone crab claws for my Mother's Day dinner. I love those things! Yum!!! DDD

Jena

wow i love love those things also....... that should be a really cool dinner!! out of 6 4 will call lol. funny, those are good odds..... :)

yes i hope he also does the baby steps.... oh sheesh when does it end?? LOL never ever ........... difficult child and i are in lockdown for manicures. i just want a simple, quiet day tmrw. maybe sit outside catch the breeze sort of thing..

today i plant again. gotta take pictures of my little yard and post. i'm doing good and i have no clue!! lol. yet my legs are bad today so i thought hmm i'll bring a pillow outside and sit on it while i do it, clearly my loving neighbors already know i'm nuts...... so whats a little pillow in the dirt.

enjoy the dinner

donna723

Tomorrow I probably won't do anything, but I'll get a phone call from my daughter.

But TONIGHT my son is taking me to a minor league baseball game - my Mother's Day present! He knows me very well! I've been to lots of major league games but never a minor league game. They're supposed to be a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to it!

muttmeister

difficult child 1 called today needing money. I'm sure that is his mother's day call. :rolleyes: But considering how bad he was doing before and how well he's doing now comparatively, I don't even care. They will be down next weekend for a graduation so I won't see them this weekend. I am making his rib recipe though as I will have my mother (age 96) and difficult child 2 and his family for a bbq. It is going to be very low key. I had a bbq here for my craft club on Tuesday and there are lots of leftovers so that is what we are having: leftover green rice, leftover calico beans, leftover cream cheese corn, left over potato salad from Wal Mart, jarred bean salad from Sams, leftover dip with Nachos, leftover hummus with leftover pita chips, and leftover trifle for dessert. All I have to make are the deviled eggs and the meat. I may make another veggie dish as I have lots of fresh asparagus and at least 3 or 4 of us really like it.

KTMom91

Hubby just gave me my Mother's Day present...money to get a pedicure! I don't know what Miss KT has planned, but she's been really helpful with cleaning, sorting, and tossing junk. so I'm happy with that. She said something about taking me to lunch at Chipotle, though...

Took my mom her gift today; a small wooden shelf painted by one of my friends, and we're going to mother in law's tomorrow for pizza.

klmno

Nothing pertaining to Mother's Day. difficult child is in Department of Juvenile Justice and stays in too much trouble there to be able to call. I can't go visit him tomorrow because I have to drive out of town to be ready for work someplace else first thing Monday morning. BUT I was contacted be a friend that I was in the military with 30 (yes, 30) years ago and we haven't seen each other since. She is nearby and we are going to try to have lunch together tomorrw. She's at a timeshare but her grown son is with her and they had plans for today. Her husband, who I also know because they met and dated when we knew each other, is coming in just for this weekend so it it a matter of trying to squeeze the time in, for both of us. But it should be a lot of fun if we can really make it happen and I'm excited.

And Jen, I wasn't mad at you. :)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well, I usually cheat when it comes to gift giving occasions. Today I bought myself some gel nails! I've missed them so much, I love the way they look and they are so carefree-I get so tired of filing them and painting them so now they're all done and easy breezy.

In the AM my easy child is making me me breakfast-lemon mascarpone crepes, yum! difficult child is supposed to clean my house; I was hoping for today, but hopefully Monday or Tuesday. Should only take her a little over an hour. Neither have much $$, so this is a way for them to do something without spending a lot of cash, Know what I mean?? H filled my gas tank up last night ($50!!!!) and took me to dinner, so that's more than good enough from him. After breakfast, I'm going to take lunch over to my mom. I also bought her a couple of puzzle books and an outfit for her.

Then I hit the books in the afternoon for my final exam, yay. I think we will likely grill something tomorrow night. I hope you all have a nice peaceful Mothers Day! That's really all I ever want!

Steely

You know - to be honest - I am absolutely thankful for the smallest thing this year. Matt is safe. I don't care if he comes over for dinner or stays at his house because he is grouchy - brings me a card, or not. I am just thankful that my son is safe. It is the first time in years I can say that he is safe and stable (ish) - so that, my friends, is my Mother's Day gift.

After losing my Dad and H, I feel very thankful that the 2 family members that I still have on this earth, that I have passionate, unconditional love for - are safe and healthy. My Mom I will call, and send her some e-flowers.

Regardless feeling pretty lonely& sad this weekend. I miss my Dad and H. A lot.

dashcat

I bought myself a bike rack so I could ride on some of the trails around here! I plan to ride very early tomorrow - weather permitting.

difficult child is spending the night - coming over after work tonight and says she's making me breakfast. I'm going to request my homemade granola bars because they're easy - I love them AND I never make them for myself.

She is working and then we're going to see Water for Elephants.

She is pretty good about holidays and family things. I really don't expect or care about a gift. My birthday is next Saturday and I've always told her it's too much to do both. I'm just glad to spend the time with her.

My mom and mother in law have been gone for many years. I really miss them both and enjoyed spending mother's day with them.

Dash

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
difficult child 1 called me from Afghanistan last night. WONDERFUL mother's day, right there. (I love that kid)

easy child 1 and his fiance gave me the makings for some awesome margaritas.

Wee? I told husband he needed to take Wee to get something. So far, it has not happened, so I will probably take him and let him buy a plant or something. Otherwise, he frets.

And I'm going to ride and shoot. Can't ask for much more.

Jena

Steely i gotta say you sound so much better. i'm proud of you!! have a great day tmrw.

Dash i'm so sorry...... yet riding sounds great and theraputic a nice break! by the way water for elephants was excellent you will really love it! we did!

Shari - soo much like me....... margarita's shooting and and riding!!! can i come over....... :) have fun!!!

donna723

I'm back from my ball game Mothers Day present! We had a really good time and it made me realize how proud I am of my son! We didn't go alone - we took his former roommate's little boy and his former roommate's current roommate's little boy (if that makes any sense). The older boy had gotten two tickets to the ball game at school for being on the honor roll but his mother works nights and couldn't take him so my son took both little boys. He lived with the (female) roommate for three years and he's the closest thing to a father that the boy has ever had. He's nine now. The other little boy is seven. These are the two most hyper little boys you've ever seen - one on medications, the other should be but isn't. Separately, they're a handful, put them together and they're just jet propelled! He really keeps them in line though and they both adore him! It tickled me ... one guy asked my son which boy was his - he just grinned and said, "Neither one!" But it makes me proud that he's grown in to the kind of man who volunteers to take other people's pain-in-the-butt little boys to the ball park!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
SO got me a gift card at the nail salon made an appointment for me to get my nails done and a pedicure on Friday (Its not like I never go to have this done every other week LOL) but he likes to make a big deal out of Mothers Day. He cracks me up cause he comes and sits there for an hour and a half while I am having them done, and chit chats with the nail girls. He is the only guy I have ever seen in there. They must think something is wrong with me that I never drive or come on my own :)

Danny called SO yesterday when we were out wanting to know what shoe size I wore which had me busting up laughing so we will see - Long story over my Coach shoes which I cannot find anywhere. Jamie always takes me out to eat, either breakfast or lunch. Am not counting on hearing from the eldest, but I will take two out of three.

Marcie

Jena

to all the great warrior moms and the dad's who are the moms... today!! :)

I hope you all have a nice calm, relaxing day.

I appreciate all of you by the way, your all great people with great insight and i've learned alot here and continue to.

enjoy the day!!! :)

it's absolutely beautiful here in new york. my sweet neighbor is fixing difficult child's bike tire right now. so cute, i'm sitting watching them from the window. he's become my adoptive dad and her fill in grandpa lol

Jena

your limiting my posts now? LOL......

well hope everyone enjoys out. we're out to get our manicures....... and easy child did call, slight attitude on phone..... ah whatever

klmno

I just got back from a wonderful visit with the friends I hadn't seen in 29 years. That's the first time I've ever reconnected in person with someone after many, many years (over 5) of not seeing them. It was great! It was funny though, we all looked exactly the same except for ALL of us having much longer hair and showing some signs of age. (At least they did and they ssaid I did, but I wouldn't have thought that about myself.) It seemed more like 30 days instead of 30 years since we'd seen each other- well, if you overlooked their 26 yo son sitting there. LOL!

I hope you were able to concentrate on something else today, Jen, besides your daughter not being there and things not working out how you had hoped. You simply have to find something else to occupy your mind when that happens.

everywoman

Today I will celebrate that I was best mom I knew how to be and all three of my children a on their own and living their own lives and not reliant on me. My gift is seeing them being responsible adults. Jana is working a double today, but she will call at some point. difficult child will spend the day with his girlfriend and her son. He texted me earlier. PCson and daughter in law and grands are 3 hours away. daughter in law sent me a message on fb. easy child will call if he gets a moment--currently he is remodeling a home he bought and needs to move in asap.

I will make an obligatory call to my bio mom---and I will take her to lunch as soon as school is out.

Mr. Sexy is cooking me supper. We got back from our weekend of camping early this morning, and declared this a do nothing day---not as young or strong as I used to be and needless to say sleeping in a small tent on an airmattress for 2 nights did not bode well for my neck or nerve damged arms and hands. And all the walking did my poor knees in. MS and I had a little spat last night, but made up this morning--first one ever that lasted more than 3 exchanges before breaking into laughter---and it really was a silly thing this time---