What IS this?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

slsh

member since 1999
Boo ages out in Jan. His last day of school will be when they break for Christmas break.

So imagine my surprise when I got a notification of an IEP mtg to be held in 2 weeks, reason being that "the district recently received a request seeking an evaluation of your child to determine eligibility for Special Education services".

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I've already checked out on Special Education stuff. I'm done. It's over. It was an utter and complete failure and it just simply doesn't matter anymore. I cannot see wasting the time of 14 people (yes, 14) to hold a meeting on a kid who will be leaving the program in 2 months.

I've forgotten virtually every lick of sped law I ever learned, so someone please reassure me that this is not necessary and I can tell them that I give permission to forgo the final evaluation.

OMG..... it's ridiculous.

And no, there's no transition services or planning that needs to be done, because there are no transition/adult services that any state agency will be providing. It's falling solely on husband and me, which is fine (don't have to worry about nonexistent services being cut the next round of budget slashing).

klmno

LOL! I think I'd sign the part giving them permission to have the meeting without you.

JJJ

It might just be the meeting to finalize the ending of services. I don't think you need to worry about a battle...

slsh

member since 1999
As I suspected, it was the 3-year reevaluation they wanted to do. You know, domain mtg, massive testing, yada yada yada. His sped dir never bothered to return my call, but co-op dir finally did. I declined the reevaluation. Told her it would be a phenomenal waste of time and effort, so let's just skip it. Not a problem. Phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.