What Is Up With My Legs??

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Propping up doesn't seem to help much. The moment I lower them the swelling is right back, not that it goes down that much. My left knee and ankle aches. My left foot is killing me and is also quite swollen.

Now I know I did nothing to injure either the knee or the foot. Did nothing even to cause this darn swelling.......left leg is worse than right leg.

I swear I did no lifting to amount to anything. I sat at every opportunity...even while wrapping dishes and china.

They don't seem to be quite as big as my thighs today. I guess that's a good thing. But I can't figure this out.

This will NOT keep me from going to Cleveland. I will hobble if necessary.

I suppose it could be the kidneys.......if so, I'm not really noticing any other symptoms. My blood pressure is thru the roof, but that's nothing new.

Good thing is I'll be seeing a doctor tues. You don't know what I had to do to get an appointment that fast with a new fam doctor. This is the doctor easy child begged me to see. His office gave me the run around. easy child went into work last night and told him the situation. Funny, but I found myself with an appointment. lol So come tuesday I should have all my medications back. (thank God!!)

This just seems so darn silly. I swear I've done more walking/standing on a shopping spree with easy child than what I did thru the week. I worked my fanny off, but tried to do it in such a way so as not to cause something like this.:faint:

by the way 3 extra strength tylenol is just not cutting it.

susiestar

Roll With It
Wow, Lisa, do you have a doctor you can call about this? Maybe a diuretic would help, if your kidneys tolerate them. If you don't have those compression stockings you should pick up a pair and wear them for the entire trip, at least as much as possible.

Kudos on getting the house and ALF apartment cleared out. Take it easy on the trip but have a great time. I wish I could go. Take lots of pics to show us.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie I'm normally on lasix, and that spelling isn't right but my brain isn't doing well with spelling today. I've been out of medications while searching for a decent fam doctor.

Hmmm. I think I might know the culprit.......I drank alot of water because I was sweating so much. I have to watch my fluid intake these days. Tomorrow is not supposed to be hot.......I'll keep an eye on fluid intake and see if that helps.

I can't find mother in law's stockings anywhere. (of course when you need them, right) I hate to put out the money when I know she had at least 3 pairs.

klmno

I bet it's all you did this week, even though you don't think it was much. I hope they start feeling better soon.

crazymama30

I bet you need your lasix. Your kidneys and BiPolar (BP) may not be helping either. I second the compression stocking vote. They do wonders. I hope that when you get back on your medications things get better, but for now prop and compression hose. If you don't want to buy them you can wrap your legs with ace wrap (comprilan is better if your easy child can get ahold of some at her hospital) and wrap from your foot to below your knee. It is good to put a thin knee high sock on under the wrap. A herringbone pattern is best if you or someone else can do it. If you do go this route, if you put a knee high nylon over the wrap then they won't catch on everything, but cut the banc at the top so they do not get too tight.

Hope things are looking up