What is your favorite name

DammitJanet

Jo....both my boys called me mom for years. Then when Jamie went into boot, he started calling me Mommy again. It was bizarre! He still does it...lol. Though now more and more everyone refers to all adults by our titles unless we are out of kid earshot. If kids are around we are Papa, Grandma, Mommy, Daddy, Uncle Billy, Uncle Cory, Uncle Jamie, Aunt Bee, etc.

I am so glad Keyana has finally been able to start saying uncle. LOL. Maybe now we can start getting her to differentiate between the two Billy/ies. That has been hard for her. For a long time Billy sounded like....Bee wee and just B for Jamies wife didnt sound much different...lol. Now she says...Uncle Billy. Plain as day.

Oh what do we call the kids? Well...Billy has just always been Billy though he refers to himself now as William...lol. I cannot do it and neither can his brothers. He will always be our Billy.

Jamie has gone through several names. When we (anyone one) is mad at him its Anthony James. My mom called him Jamestown Flood. In the Marines, he was known as Country or Big Country. And his friends and in laws now call him Sasquatch because he is so tall.

Cory was always called bug when he was little by me. My mom called him Coryboy. He once lied to the police about his name when he was 12 and got an alias of Alan White. He refers to himself sometimes as G. (dont ask) We just call him Cory.

Keyana has been known as Keke or Keyana or Papa's lil Princess.

Hailie is Hay Hay and Daddy's buddy.

Last edited:

eekysign

Sis went through a period about age 5 where everything was "stupid baby____" when she was raging. Where the blank was whatever she was looking at when she lost it.

She called my roommate's boyfriend, "Stupid babyfoot!!!!", and meant it. He actually looked down at his shoes in surprise, and my roomie and I almost died laughing, which was NOT the right track to take with her, but....it was so darn funny!

BusynMember

When my Aspie son was angry at me a few years ago, he called me an "Ignoramus." He was really mad when he said it. Then he calmed down and said, "What's an ignoramus anyway?"

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
When difficult child rages I am called curse words that even I have to go look up on the internet!

My favorite was when difficult child was around 7. She was mad and screamed "I hate you - no - I hate you ALL the way". She was so intense and so little that I had to turn my head to keep her from seeing me laugh.

lizanne2

It's just a flesh wound................standard part of our vocabulary. Even difficult child's baseball coach uses it to get difficult child back on the field after an injury!

One day when I was trying every odd way to get a young difficult child out of his rage mode and back to a teachable place he yelled......... Why don't you just be a REAL mom.......

My son now calls me 'the Tree' when I need to reprimand him for a snarky comment or some little inattentiveness...... Apparently he is the apple that hasn't fallen to far.......

My two difficult children now call each other pot and kettle followed by your black! Isn't funny how difficult child behavior is so much more annoying when your sister does it.