What music would you want at your funeral?

donna723

I remember an old country song called "Prop Me Up By the Jukebox When I Die" ... just kidding, but it is a real song! Wouldn't really fit for me, but I know a few that it would!

meowbunny

Satisfaction -- Let's face it, I'm dead. My satisfaction days are over.

Rock Me All Night Long.

Light My Fire as they're wheeling me towards the crematorium.

Hopefully, there won't be a funeral for me. I hate them. I want my friends to get their grieving done and over with and then have a rockin party. The bigger, noisier, happier the better.

MyFriendKita

I remember an old country song called "Prop Me Up By the Jukebox When I Die" ... just kidding, but it is a real song! Wouldn't really fit for me, but I know a few that it would!

My coworker went to a funeral for her husband's uncle, who was an alcoholic--they did play that song, at the deceased's request. My coworker couldn't believe it.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Talk about strange post-mortem requests: An old acquaintence of my mother's passed away earlier this year. Per her request (we later found out) her obituary read "XXX achieved room temperature on Tuesday, January xx, 2008. She is survived by xxx..."

donna723

I'm trying to remember now ... what commercial was it ... it showed these two young guys driving down the street in what appears to be a black van, and they've got the stereo cranked up full blast and they're singing along and rockin' out to "Another One Bites the Dust"! Then the camera pulls back and you can see that what they're driving is a hearse and they're at the head of a funeral procession followed by dozens of cars full of scandalized and outraged mourners!!!

Again, not for me personally, but maybe my ex.

witzend

Well, I'm thinking I would rather have more of a Wake than a Funeral. And I'm all for the cremation, so Light My Fire would be an excellent choice, too. Good one, MB!

"6 Underground" by the Sneaker Pimps. Perhaps "Gonna Make You Sweat" by CC Music Factory!

"Everybody dance now!" Doo doo doo duh-doo!

meowbunny

Oh, forgot that I want the party to start with Celebrate! It can end with Satisfaction. Would need a baseball tune or two in between (Mellancamp's Center Field); a little bit of Clapton; maybe a tad of some serious blues like the Lady Day or Robert Johnson; the Four Seasons by Vivaldi, Jump! is always a fun son and some screaming rock throughout (Kid Rock, Psychedelic Furs, the Ramones, Meatloaf, Eminem (boy, I'd love to have write my eulogy), 50 Cent, Kiss, Nirvana, Janis Joplin. No slow, sappy love songs, please. Think that would sum up my attitude and life rather well.

witzend

"Center field" is John Fogerty. Formerly of Creedence. There would have to be all kinds of Creedence involved.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We've been to a lot of wake services for local classmates of easy child and difficult child. The families always have a collection of the kid's favorite music piped in. And all throughout the funeral home are all the kid's favorite things, like guitars, skateboards, sneakers, posters, pictures or family and friends, etc - you name it, it's in there. I absolutely love the idea of celebrating one's life by surrounding other's paying their respects with the artifacts of thier lives. It's a reminder to live!

I don't want a wake/funeral; I find them morbid and depressing. I want to be cremated [immediately] in a plain cardboard box (if possible) and then my family can throw a party. They can have the party on an evening with a very full moon, light hundreds of white candles, & play all my favorite music like all motown stuff in particular Stevie Wonder and Aretha Franklin...and then some Grateful Dead and Bonnie Raitt, The Rolling Stones, Bob Segar from the old days, a little bit of Michael Buble for my girls (we sing it in the car together all the time), Duffy cuz she's cool and funky, Los Lonely Boys and...well, I love it all.

muttmeister

Well, I may be in trouble as all my friends and family know I'm a huge AC/Difficult Child fan but I just hope they don't decide it would be funny to play "Highway to Hell," LOL

nvts

I'll go you one better!

They requested "White Wedding" (Billy Idol) at my one sister's wedding.

Little did they know...6 mos. later, the cutest nephew in town! :musicdance::rofl:

Beth

lovemysons

"Thank You" by Led Zepplin.
"...If the sun refused to shine I would, still be, loving you. If Mountains crumble to the sea...there would, still be, You... and Me."

husband and I had this put on our wedding announcement...22 years ago. Or, lol, my mother did so she could put on a "good face" after husband and I ran off and got married at 19 years old.

Anyway, this was "our song" and our whole family would totally understand it.

Tammy

trinityroyal

Heather, I'm with you on Like A Stone by Audioslave.

I also like the sound of a closed casket and an open bar. I want people to dance and be happy. So, no specific songs but lots of disco and salsa.

The last song would be Go Now by the Moody Blues.