WHAT Pootie is Teaching Dude

Star*

call 911........call 911
The phone rings and neither DF or I want to pick it up. It was Dude. We do not want that call that something has happened to our little angel Pootie. DF picked it up. Dude asked to speak to me.

WHAT DID YOU GUYS TO MY PUPPY MOM? (angry tone)
What are you talking about son? (Tongue in cheek)
Mom - she won't listen at ALL
REALLY? She listened fine here - Don't you HATE it when your kids won't listen? It's a real pain.
Yes, YES IT IS. Well you can just come get her (very angry)
WHAT is going on?
-Well you didn't tell me she got a hold of a pink marker - she has a pink spot that looks like a heart on her chest. How did THAT happen?
OH that.....yeah I forgot to tell you - she gave herself a little jail house tattoo - JUST like Daddy did. Why does it bother you?
MOMmmmmmmmm, I can't believe you let her get a marker.
You can't believe I let her get a marker or a tattoo?- I had no idea she had a marker - Grandpa was watching her. She gave herself the tattoo.
Will it wash off? AND she pooped on my bed Mom. On my new sheets
Well did you take her out?
YES LIKE 100 times - she's mad at me or something.
Well she should have gone potty in the grass.
There is NO grass here.
OH - well she was looking for a soft spot like grass. Put your bed up off the floor - she can't get up, she can't poop on it. And you're going to have to keep all your clothes picked up - she'll be looking for "grass" or in her mind the softest spot to poo.
And I took her for a walk - and she slipped her collar and almost got hit by a car. SHE WILL NOT LISTEN.
Well she's a baby - WHAT were you doing out on the road with her anyway? SHe's nine weeks old - not ready for "OUT" with only 1 set of shots. Where is she now?
Out on the porch sleeping.
OUT in the heat, and with the fleas and with NO fence? WHAT keeps her on the porch son?
=Silence -
Well she can't stay in the house she jumped up on the couch last night and grabbed the foster mom's pomeranian and shook it - then dropped it off the couch. Did you teach her that?
-WHAT???? YES YES I put a Pomeranian in my mouth and shook it so she would know how to do that - what are you eating a bowl of dumb? Good grief.
-Dude laughs - well she came HOME with a BUNCH of BAD habits and this stupid looking pink tattoo.
Ah.....well now you know how I felt about you when I sent you off to those Residential Treatment Center (RTC)'s and you came back to ME with bad habits and tattoos.....but eventually I figured out - YOU gave yourself the tattoos, and you picked up the bad habits all by yourself. You had a choice and now she has a choice doesn't she? She can either behave and live by YOUR rules or .............

She can come to grandma and grandpas and get more tattoos and we'll teach her how to shake a pomeranian and poop on the bed. (good grief).

Honestly son - she's a baby - you left her for a week - she had a BLAST here and she's welcome back anytime. I can't make her listen at your home.

Do you think she's just mad at me?

long pause -

No, I think she's just adjusting. She's got too much freedom at your place to come and go as she pleases and not enough of someone watching her and playing with her. Puppies are a huge responsibility - they don't just "figure out" what they are supposed to do - you teach them.

I DID I DID and now she's acting like "puppy gone wild" -

Yes - I know LORD how I know - and that's it son, you can do the best you can to raise your children and sometimes they make choices to not listen to you. But maybe she'll listen for someone else. It's heartbreaking huh?

I just don't get why she won't listen to me.

QWell she did poop out a huge plastic lizard here - maybe she was slower and not feeling well -you know more subdued and now since she "passed' that dang fishing lure or whatever it was she's the real Pootie. I don't know why she's not listening to you now - I don't get why you never listened to me either - but if you think she'll listen to us and be raised well here - you can send her here as a foster dog. It's a mystery why some children just won't listen to their parents but will listen to another "Mom" figure. But you have to ask yourself if living there is the best thing for HER. Not you - parent's sacrifice a lot for the sake of their kids' well being. Isn't being a parent GRAND Dude? :tongue:

And so - the cycle repeats itself with difficult child kids through their children - and all I can do is chuckle, and of course offer to have her come here to live. Maybe he can call around and get funding for a puppy psychiatrist? :laugh:or maybe he should SEND HER TO STAY WITH HER GRANDPARENTS! lol.

I will be sure to get "foster" parent payment and child support. lol.

klmno

You're having fun with this, aren't you? :tongue:

I don't recall you mentioning the tattoo- in the shape of a heart that she gave to herself.... LOL!

Lothlorien

Be careful, Star.....you may end up with more than just a grand....puppy!

Honestly, if he thinks a puppy isn't listening to him and he's upset......oh, Lordy Lordy!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
WAAHH! I think of it like, would you leave an infant lying on the porch all night or all day? Dude? Well she is an infant right now... and then she will be a 2 year old for a LONG time.

I have to remind myself of this with Clemey when I get annoyed with her. She is only 9 months old. But she is like a 2yo... She needs constant care even if she looks like a big girl!

The Dude is seeing life, real life. Tattoo's and all. Be her Daddy Dude, or We know 2 people who will be willing to take her... hmmm.
She might come home next time wearing a little thong and a pierced ear, (fake of course).
I guess the thong would have to be split, \/ to get around her tail???
The battle over Pootie continues... next chapter!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
-I forgot to mention the little pink tatt because - well I took a picture of her "artwork" for her scrapbook and then just forgot about it - I guess when your kids come home with jail-house tattoos, a puppy heart in pink highlighter (it WAS GRANDPAS) didn't phase me. But LORD how that upset Dude. I just laughed.

Mostly - all day we both (me & DF) took turns shaking our invisible Pomeranian and laughing. Then saying "YOU must-a taught her that. OH no no no it was YOU, brba brrba brrrrrba." (dog shake noises) Snort

Honestly - we have fostered more dogs than I can remember and not once did we EVER teach it a bad habit.

The fact that the conversation went so smooth? OMG that was just heaven sent I believe.

And I never considered a fake pierced earring - YES! YES!! I will look for the largest, most gawdy, hunk of clip on crud I can find - and a thong - OMG - that is too funny - I think I'll sew her one. HOT PINK of course.

We're supposed to go for a parent meeting tonight at the foster's home. So we shall see. And Grrrrrrrrrrrrrandpa said "Yea I think I'm going to this one for sure." lol.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Priceless! Just priceless ! Makes me think of those dang Visa commercials where they tell you the price of different things and then say, priceless.

Star you sure do have a way.

While this is no comparison I just feel that you will inevitably be in our hall of fame as our beloved Pico was for her Picoisms.

Sometimes people come along that have that something special. ;)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tia - I'm honored. Thank you

Abbey - you could say his DOGMA is running over his Karma. (one of my favorite bumper stickers - My karma ran over your dogma)

The fact that the comments I shared with him went RIGHT. OVER. HIS. HEAD. regarding isnt' parenting fun? Is priceless.

I have a feeling he GOT the message about the tattoo because we have NO adversion to tattoos, but NOT until you are done growing or somewhat done - like 18 so they don't look stupid or unprofessional when your skin stretches.

He chose to just ink himself up - but it was MY fault - I bought the battery operated Crest spin brush. And he modified that into a tattoo gun. - And he can't get a job with THAT ingenuity? COME ON!

I should call him Magiver or McJiver - sheesh.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Star, hope he forgets by the time he has kids......(if ever)......since you may get to see the puppy again, but he wouldn't let you near his kids to teach them those bad habits.......they will have to pick them up somewhere else........

Luckily, he will probably need some cheap babysitting done........

susiestar

Roll With It
So, Star, how hard was it to get all that Pomeranian fur out of your teeth???

Inquiring minds, ya know!

by the way they make food coloring markers that ARE safe for a pet's fur/digestion. You can get them in the Wilton Cake Decorating area of Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

We used to color Freckle's face with-them. She used to go and get the marker so she could have her "face" done. It was a joke at first, but she LIKED it.

Pootie may end up liking her tattoos, so you may want to get some that are safe for her body. It is more of an issue with pets because people generally don't lick their tattoos repeatedly. MUCH safer for our Pootie to have the food coloring ones. Or so our vet said about our cat.

klmno

Well, I for one, would still LOVE to see a picture- especially with the tattoo. Could you notify Dude that the board Aunties are lying in wait and Pootie needs to go to the photographer, so you'll need to pick her up for a couple of days? Besides, you do want to relieve his frustration over living with her bad habits, right?

Thank you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
=I'm too busy flossing Pomeranian hair out of my teeth and licking my tattoos to get a picture of her posted

I need help with photo bucket - I can get the pictures ON there - but HOW to you pick one to put here?
-Directionally challenged don't ya know.

Pft.....another Pomeranian hair.....

Abbey

Spork Queen
If you just click on the picture you want, then highlight the URL and paste it in here, it should work.

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
It's easy enough that I can do it. Under the picture in the album, there is a list of links. URL, direct link, html, etc. Click on direct link (and it automatically copies), them come back here to your post and paste the link in. Easy peasy!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thank you all - I will give this a shot tonight- I do have one picture of the little pink heart she gave herself -

And of course She SHOULD have a halo and wings -

susiestar

Roll With It
Star,

Pootie DOES have a halo and wings. Can't you see them? They are the special kind only Grandparents can see! But maybe you can get costume wings for her so the rest of us can see them??