What Should I name him?

susiestar

Roll With It
New kitty is georgeous, and a total lover. He just wants to sit in your arms and purr. Or have you scratch his chin, ears, head, wherever.

As I said in the other post, he is a Siamese Seal Point, and is just beautiful. He is a Traditional Siamese, not the show kind. The ones in cat shows, and some of the pics online, are a very skinny cat. A Traditional Siamese is heavier, not fat but very muscular, and rounder looking. The head is also rounder, not the almost triangular shape of show cats. I don't have a picture of him yet, sorry.

His "points" are a chocolate brown - points are head, ears, tail and paws. He actually is brown on his legs with white paws in front and the brown paws in back. The rest of his fur is caramel colored.

One family member suggested Stinky Bu$$head, but this has been firmly rejected, and that person is no longer allowed to suggest names.

Any suggestions?

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I had to google and actually "see" what he would look like.

Should be dignified. How about Sampson? (as in Sampson and Deliliah)

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I have two mind sets here. I like either Marc Antony (as in Cleopatras man) or Pharaoh. Or on the flip side one of my favorite movies is Lady and the Tramp and you could go with simply the Si or the Am of that. And of course there is the King and I another of my favorites and you could go with Mongkut (The King) or Prince Chulalongkorn.

Beth

meowbunny

I've always named my pets for their personalities or something they did. My daughter names them to what she happens to love at any given moment. You might want to consider naming him for some of his ancestors. There's a great site giving the history of the Siamese, including the names of some of the first Western Siamese: http://www.siamesekittens.com/hist1.html

Me, being me, I'd probably call him Love Bug or LB cause he's such a lap kitty.

tammyjh

I like Sampson too:D

I always give my pets people names. Right now we have a cat named Charlie and a dog named Katie. We've had Molly, Lucy, Sammy, Brandi, and Penny. Even 2 of our 4 mice have people names...Sophi and Trixie:laughing: The other 2 are Fatty(because she's always been a little fatty) and Spidermouse (ds got the name from the Simpson move~~Spiderpig:laughing:)....oh yeah...how about....

Spidercat?:laughing:

M

ML

I love it Tammy! Our hamster is hazel. d calls her "hazzie". Growing up our family was into royalty. We had dogs named: Prince, King, Duke, oh and Troooper. Our last one was Pepper. I also like the spice line (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc). Let us know what you decide.

sandman3

Michele,
That's funny! Our 2 cats are "Sugar" and "Ginger"

The boys named Sugar....her real name should be "psycho fatty cat"....Ginger came with her name from the rescue...it fits her!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Susie -

Get a note pad and anything you notice about him - write it down and it may come to you.
Lover, Likes to play in the sink, Likes water. It's like he'll tell you.

Since he is from "Siam" and Siam is now Thailand. Maybe you can come up with a Thai name. Greet him by saying "Sawatdee Khrab" it means Hello in Thai.

interestingly enough - Cat in Thai is meo. Sounds like Leo but it's Meo -

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
We've had 6 cats and somehow all of their names ended up being kitty! I love the thought of naming it something the whole family has to repeat like "mom rocks" or "I'm sorry" or the ever popular "difficult child"!!!!!

mom_in_training

Awwwwww, I have a female choc point siamese, Her name is Sky. difficult child named her that because of her blue eyes. Lets see..... How about Prince or Sir Prince, Gizmo, Jinx, Rascal, Sam, Captain Jack (C.J.) Kat, Lol!!!! Dino, Jr, Kai, Mogley, Madeary (Means precious and rare), Trucker, Fred, Casper, Jasper, Wyatt, Leo.