What was that about NO Meltdown Monday? Apparently difficult child 1 didn't get the memo...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh he is in RARE form today.

I only gave him his patch and not the Focalin because I'm running low and want to save it for school days until we get our refill. And the patch probably won't start working for another 1/2 hour at least, but he's now in his room ranting, ripping up papers and scratching the door after slamming it shut. I sent him there because he is just plain obnoxious this morning. He gets into other people's things if they are left out in the open and treats them as fair game. He won't share a video game with his sibs, even though he continually takes theirs without permission.

Oops! Looks like he's climbed out his window again and is outside throwing his lacrosse ball against the coop.

When I gave him his morning medications (since he wouldn't go take them on his own) I noticed that he missed his medications yesterday morning (tegretol, celexa). Don't know how much that is affecting things, but boy oh boy is he being a JACK donkey right now.

Trying not to escalate... praying that the patch starts working soon.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
So about an hour and a half it took for there to be any semblence of the patch to work. It's now been two hours since it was applied and he's pretty cooperative and calm now. Very different person. I left a message for the psychiatrist to let him know the Tegretol is helping a bit, but that there's still significant issues off the patch and lots of room for improvement! We'll see what he says about possibly increasing the dose, since he's only at 100mg bid.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
psychiatrist said to add 100mg Tegretol to his dosing... so I'll tack it onto tonight's dose. That'll put him at 100mg am and 200mg pm. Hope it helps!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hope it helps too. I'm sorry your difficult child didn't get the no meltdown Monday message (neither did mine).

crazymama30

Hope it helps. I know that the patch takes about 2hrs to kick in for difficult child. I think his morning abilify kicks in quicker, I put the patch on about 6am, and he takes the abilify about 6:45 or 7am. By the time he is getting to school, about 7:30, he is on the way to doing well.

Hope the tegretol works. It really has done wonders for husband.