What would make my life easier? A letter to Santa...

Ktllc

I know, it sounds childish but it was a great revelation for me! lol
I obviously cannot control everything in my life so I thought what else can I do to make life easier on ME? Instead of battling and using ALL my energy on changing/fixing/understanding V, how about saving some time and energy on simple things that would lift me up?
Here is my little list:
- a small, easy to handle wheelbarrel to clean the chicken coop (yes, I'm tired of that big monster that we have. I am a small person)
- a nice looking fence for my chickens to roam around without escaping every morning (current fence is not 100% bullet proof...)
- a cheap (hehehe) reliable babysitter when husband and I need some time together
- one extra day of childcare for babygirl so I can do my work like I should and then not to have to worry about what needs to be done
- ease up on the healthy foods and allow some simple pizza nights
- attend church regularly to find a healthy balance within myself (and stop saying on Sunday morning "...maybe next week")
- an automatic vacuum cleaner! lol
- make a list of all the wonderful traits about V, Big boy and Baby girl and read every morning before everyone wakes up (frame it?)

If I could have all that for Xmas, that would most definetly relieve some stress :)

Ktllc

I don't know what the brand name is... but I've seen them on tv/internet. That would be pretty cool. 3 dogs, 3 kids and husband without me having to follow them with the vacuum!:)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - I hear ya!

mother in law had a Roomba - little round thing. She ended up sending it back - she has ferrets, and, well... :sigh:

Malika

Ktllc, that seems like a very modest and realisable list and I think any Santa worth his salt will certainly drop them down your chimney on the night of 24 December!

TerryJ2

Or a Roomba that attaches to animals and humans with a harness so it vacuums behind them as they walk. :)
Santa, are you listening?

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
So these are totally within your control, right? Start with those.

- ease up on the healthy foods and allow some simple pizza nights
- attend church regularly to find a healthy balance within myself (and stop saying on Sunday morning "...maybe next week")
- make a list of all the wonderful traits about V, Big boy and Baby girl and read every morning before everyone wakes up (frame it?)

TerryJ2 - that's hilarious!

InsaneCdn

Or a Roomba that attaches to animals and humans with a harness so it vacuums behind them as they walk. :)
Santa, are you listening?

In my house, such a Roomba would last less than 24 hours.
1) I would trip over it and fall flat on my face (yes, I'm a klutz)
2) K1 would walk on K2s as he tries to find a short-cut behind her
3) Dog1 would hunt it down and try to eat it
4) all of the above would happen at the same time, and ALL the roombas would get damaged

Sigh.
I can hardly run a regular vac without something happening to it.

Please let me know when they come out with a klutz-proof roomba.

TerryJ2

Insane, this is Santa we're talking about, right? Cut him some slack. He can pull it off. In fact, he may be able to surgically implant Roombas in your spouse and kids, and equip them with "smart car" devices that indicate how far away the nearest object is.

buddy

I wish I wanted simple things. I want my teeth fixed and healthy, a house, and Quin to be healed. I know none of those will happen at least for now....and I do accept Q as he is, but I pray for healing.... can't help it.

Ktllc

Buddy, I do have bigger wish but it does not help me right now. I am trying to focus on the small achievable stuff that still would help.
Like the babysitter, we have not done it in over 1 year for several reasons. But maybe I should make it a priority and we would be able to do it.
I had read some place that happiness is the sum of small reasonable accomplishments. It might sound pittyful at first, but I do believe there is a lot of truth in that statement.

buddy

I think you are so right. And it is especially lovely you want it for your hubby and you to be together. I wasn't criticizing your list or anything, I think it is really perfect. I just have been wishing these things and I wished they were easier to get. I can't think of anything I don't have right now that is doable that would make life easier, except a maid?, lol. I am actually really happy with my life overall but the roomba thing strapped behind a pet??? Can I get one for under Q's face when he eats?

When I was little I wished for glasses (that was dumb, have had them since 4th grade, hate them), a bike (got it) and little people from "the Littles" book series, (still dont have them but I looked under the couches and chairs for years).

TerryJ2

Buddy, I completely understand. This cannot be fun for him, either.

Ktllc, yes, get a babysitter! Just one night out. A movie. And dinner.